LOVE HANDLES & beating genetics..

Options
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had some tips on how to get rid of those stubborn love handles! I've always had them, even when I was thin. Is one exercise better then another for this area? A certain foor to avoid or eat? Any info would be awesome! If you have a video or picture to show me the correct form for the exercise, that would be even better!!!

Thank you!!

Replies

• GymTennis
    GymTennis Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm sorry if I disappoint you to say this.. But there is NO such thing as spot fat removal.. You CAN NOT do certain exercises to spot remove fat from your body..You can easily, however, lose fat from your whole body....Anyone who says any different is lying to you (mostly fitness companies with various products which allegedly target certain areas).. The one and only way to lose fat is to build a caloric deficit and exercise.. You will first strip fat probably from the upper body, your face and only then in legs etc.. Love handles, waist line fat is the last resort of your body fat (a lot of guys suffer from same issues, and even some lean guys too)..

Once you reach the point where you have fat remaining only around your waist line, you can utilize various techniques to trick your body in to further fat burning.. Carb cycling diet, intermittent fasting just to name a few.. But that is a whole different subject..

So the first step would be building a caloric deficit and exercising (gym, different cardios).. Also drink lots of water to flush out the sodium from your body.. A lot of that waist line is often a water retention due to high sodium nutrition and body retains water for regulation.. An additional intake of water would actually signal your body to flush out the excess of water which results in your skin to look nice and tight.. Hope this helps and good luck..
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    If you have always had them, even when thin, I don't think they are going any where.

My partner has a serious double chin, even when he was underweight for his height he still had it, it's just there. I think the only way he could get rid of it, is surgery.
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    GymTennis great answer here. I agree 100% with you there is no spot reduction....