Very Satisfied User - Got there, still using it.

Options
I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app while sitting through my daughter's (poor kid) three day labor over last Easter weekend. I found it out of boredom and a whim. Wow. Talk about fortunate circumstance.
Within 5 months I managed to lose that nagging 20+ pounds I couldn't find any other way to shed. This was just the added discipline I needed. By logging ALL of my calories - and they are so easy to find here - I have fought off those end of the day "just a couple of these" snacks. This has also helped me make much better choices on the front end.
One of the tricks I have used is to not give myself 100% leaway for calories earned via exercise. If I burn 500 I'll let at least half become under. This has helped when foods are under reported calorically, or if I misjudge portions.
One observation though, is that many of the exercises in the database over-report caloric burns. For example, when walking, you should record calories at the rate of 30% times your body weight per mile. This is the delta between exercising and sitting on a couch. The sitting on a couch burn is already calculated in the calories MFP presents to your profile and goal. Cardiovascular exercises burn less calories as your weight decreases. You cannot say exercise X burns Y calories. They are always a calculation and you should learn the calculation for your particular exercises.
I have been at my goal weight (162) for a couple of months now, but continue to use the app for maintenance, and intend to do so moving forward.
Thank you MyFitnessPal.