Anone with PCOS???

Options
13»

Replies

• Jessica_Mujahidah
    Jessica_Mujahidah Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't have PCOS but I have extremely high insulin resistance. I've lost 23kg so far through diet and exercise. I've switched to a low GI, high protein diet and it seems to be effective in the interim.

I've just purchased a book called "The Insulin Resistance Diet". I haven't read it yet, but it came highly recommended from lots of ladies around the www suffering through slow weight loss due to insulin resistance.

Feel free to add me. Would love to support each other on the journey to a healthy lifestyle!

Jess
  • wowgirl30
    wowgirl30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    PCOS is a little different for everyone. The diagnosis isn't really regulated, it is often diagnosed to anyone with irregular cycles - even if they don't have cysts on their ovaries or a hormone imbalance :indifferent: I started to have symptoms when I was 10 but was diagnosed when I was 18. I was only put on bcp's and told to lose weight (like I hadn't tried before lol)The cysts often grow very large and then burst and it is extremely painful. I have a pretty severe case (so I've been told) along with insulin resistance and am currently on metformin (2000mg/day) and spironolactone (100mg/day) along with bcp's. They made a huge difference in the way I feel and with the acne and hair issues. When my eating is under control and I exercise they make it possible for me to lose weight slowly rather than pull-my-hair-out-so-frustrated-going-nowhere pace. :laugh:

Weight loss can ease symptoms and even reduce/eliminate the need for meds in overweight PCOSers but with you being at a normal weight to start I am not sure that it would do anything for you. I would see an endocrinologist and work with them to come up with a treatment/management plan. Feel free to add me if you want
  • BaconSlanger
    BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member
    Options

My doc told me as lower weight would i have, would be better to get rid of PCOs quickly...............Have read many posts and articles about it and everybpdy was repeating same thing "lower your weight, shed some kgs" etc etc so lets see what happens :)

I think you should change doctors hun because you can't "get rid of" PCOS AT ALL let alone quickly. I've had since I was about 15 so for almost 11 years now. It's really difficult to lose weight when you have PCOS but as long as you eat at a deficit and work out (even if you just walk for half an hour every day) you should find the pounds start to shed. Also, because you are not overweight to start with it will be more difficult for you to lose weight because your body doesn't need to. x

^^^ I agree. I have had since about the same age as well. You cannot just "get rid" of it sadly :/ And I also agree with the whole rest of the comment. It's tougher for us, but you just got to try your hardest to eat right and work out. And since you aren't overweight, it may not show on the scale much. You just got to keep in mind it doens't matter what the scale says. Everybody looks different with numbers. Everybody has their own body. My skinny weight works for me because I am super tall, but it may be a fat weight to you bc you may be short. All that matters is how you feel and how your clothes fit. I wouldn't even worry about the scale that much.