Juicing >> Any Tips??

Options
I just watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead & was really inspired so I bought a juicer & started today. I am already missing eating some real food, plus, I'm experiencing muscle pain (I feel like i need to stretch or have a good massage) & I'm usually not in pain. Any tips??

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Eat your fruits and veggies.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Ya stop Juicing.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Ya stop Juicing.

This. Eat your food instead of smashing it.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you got tricked into buying a juicer. If you are consuming nothing but juice, you are not getting enough protein or fats in your diet.
  • jonchew
    jonchew Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that you'd be suffering muscle pain from the juicing. After-all, you just started today - the pain must be from something else. I also can't imagine that juicing fruits & veggies is bad for you, so if you want to juice... then juice!
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    While I'm not arguing you should juice, there are tricks for you to get enough protein.

If you're going to do it, make sure you research them very well.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Blend that shiz and drink it. Or just eat it regularly.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I just watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly dead & was really inspired so I bought a juicer & started today. I am already missing eating some real food, plus, I'm experiencing muscle pain (I feel like i need to stretch or have a good massage) & I'm usually not in pain. Any tips??

If you just started today, and you're already missing solid food AND having muscle pain.... perhaps juicing isn't for you. Did you happen to give up caffeine today, or recently, as well? When I quit my Diet Dr Pepper habit, I had joint pain amongst other symptoms for awhile.

I did nothing but juice for 10 days, and by that time I was craving salads, so I did juice and salad for quite a long time. I added nuts, + beans or chicken to the salad, and then slowly added some other foods back.

So far... this has worked pretty good for me. You gotta figure out what works for you.

Who woulda guessed it? There's a group, here... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/328-juice-fasting-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead

Just for 'juicers....'

I'm sure that's your best bet for info, and like-minded people.

:wink: