NSV-5k Practice

Options
October 20th I'm jogging/walking in a 5k. I walked the same 5k two years ago in just about 51 minutes. This year I entered as a runner because walkers now only do 2 miles and I want to beat my old time.

Anyway tonight I went to a marked path (along with my RunKeeper app) and was stoked after doing a mile in 12:52...my previous best was 14:28 this year, then I finished the 5k in 40:30, which is a 7 minute improvement plus a 10th of a mile longer than the last time I did that distance on this course!

Looks like all the work on the treadmill is paying off, hoping for a scale victory soon!!

Replies

• sarah456s
    sarah456s Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, such a great improvement!! Congrats! I bet you will amaze yourself in the actual race.
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    congrats.
    always nice to notice changes not only on scales but also in our overall fitness level. big NSV! You will definitely rock it on oct 20th. just need training and will power! you go girl"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!