Dizziness during cardio?

Options
SO I've been exercising regularly for the past 3-4 months, cardio & weighs about 5 times a week. I usually do 70 minutes on the arc trainer and either arms and abs or legs, depending on the day. I never had a problem with feeling weird after or during my workout. I was having a great workout today until I had a dizzy spell... This was on minute 52. I stopped the machine and took a sip of water and then it happened again. Everything just started to spin. I wiped the machine down and went home disappointed but interested as to why this happened. Has anyone experienced this before? I drank about 6 glasses of water in 6 hours before my workout so I doubt I was dehydrated. ( PLus I always drink water during exercising) My exercise isn't vigorous, its moderate. I burn about 100 cals per 10 mins and do program 2 level 2 on the cybex arc trainer, if anyone if familiar.

This freaked me out. I am a health freak and my anxiety has officially hit the roof. UGH!

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Impossible for anyone to say for sure. Dizziness makes me think low blood sugar or dehydration. If it's not the latter then maybe it's the former. Caloric/carb intake may be too low.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Impossible for anyone to say for sure. Dizziness makes me think low blood sugar or dehydration. If it's not the latter then maybe it's the former. Caloric/carb intake may be too low.

QFT

If I go too low on carbs or go too long without eating something I have dizzy spells/hot flashes. I combat that by eating multiple small meals throughout the day with decent P/F/C breakdowns.
  • Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    It could be low blood sugar. Eating a piece of fruit when it happens can help.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Maybe your electrolytes were off? You might need more potassium or sodium in your diet.