I think I'm being called skinny as an insult

Options

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn by being unjustifiably indignant? I can't find it in the database.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    If she calls you a skinny beeeetch, well, then you've got something to SMACK her for.

She's trying to bug you.............................

I have 5 sisters - believe me, they KNOW how to get under my skin :devil: :devil:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Or..she's giving you what she thinks is a compliment.

stop using common sense here it's so uncalled for.
  • TakinSexyBack
    TakinSexyBack Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Girl, you have been losing.........she's gaining some. The truth (I think) is shes a little bit jealous and that is why she makes those comments. Kind of pointing it out...........but at the same time doing it in a way that you don't like b/c it makes her feel a little better about herself. Support her and share with her what you are doing!! Try to get her to join MFP!!!! I think she's just not happy about herself and jealous of what you have done so she says those things that are complimentary but at the same time............you find them weird!!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    SABOTAGE!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Haterade!
  • OMG i am appalled at the way some of you are being so rude to a member that is truly asking a question on here. I thought we were here to support one another. How rude some of you have been would you like it if others had been this way to you when you asked a question that was bothering you. And as to the post her is my advise go to your sister tell her how you are feeling and explain to her that you want her to be a part of your journey some can't understand what we go through, and can be very heartless and seem uncaring cause they have never had to struggle with their own selves. If that does not work ignore her because apparently she is unhappy with herself if she is trying to insult you for your accomplishments :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OMG i am appalled at the way some of you are being so rude to a member that is truly asking a question on here. I thought we were here to support one another. How rude some of you have been would you like it if others had been this way to you when you asked a question that was bothering you. And as to the post her is my advise go to your sister tell her how you are feeling and explain to her that you want her to be a part of your journey some can't understand what we go through, and can be very heartless and seem uncaring cause they have never had to struggle with their own selves. If that does not work ignore her because apparently she is unhappy with herself if she is trying to insult you for your accomplishments :)

:huh:

original.gif
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    So, my older has always been smaller than me and has never had a problem pointing that out to me. Well, I've lost a little over 50 pounds, and in that time she has gained some. She will say things like "you're wasting away" or "lose anymore and you will disappear" but she says it in a happy voice. She has been calling me skinny and on more than one occasion I told her I do not want to be called skinny, I am getting fit. So ofcourse she just did it again "getting mighty skinny there". Sooooo trying to get on my nerves on purpose huh? OK.

She was being inappropriate and crossing boundaries back then, but you may not have seen it as much. Sounds like her behavior has just continued, only it's probably even more hurtful now because you'd want your own sister to be happy for you and desire your health. I'm very sorry that has been her reaction to you! Hugs and best wishes. And congratulations on your weight loss! People here are happy for your accomplishment. :smile:
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    When my sister calls me skinny, I take it as a compliment.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I get such comments from my skinny brother too who sees me every few days. But i know he means it genuinely because he is not used to seeing my smaller face:laugh: I just deny it and move on to the next topic.
    I also had my salon lady tell me i need to gain some weight. I still cant stop laughing over it. I need to lose atleast 10 more pounds maybe to just not look plumpy anymore(far from skinny). But i take them all as compliments and it keeps me motivated that i am moving in the right direction!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    For pete's sake you're a 24-year-old woman! Call her a rude name and then press on!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It is only an insult if you let it be one. If we start worrying about what people feel about our journey in weight loss and health it is no longer our journey..
    ...or healthy.

BTW just tryna keep up here OP but so far you have problems with ur bro in laws on FB ur sis IRL and I am beginning to wonder if you might not need to shift your goals to some kind of inner work for awhile. lots of things bother you that people really close to you do.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Be a good sister and offer her all the clothes that are too big for you. Offer to trade for her small stuff...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Be a good sister and offer her all the clothes that are too big for you. Offer to trade for her small stuff...

YES!! That would be so damn hilarious!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    When my sister calls me skinny, I take it as a compliment.

Samesies! She's a little jealous but she's proud of me too. And...I actually did give her some of my larger clothing a few years ago when I was losing weight. She still wears one of my all time favorite mini skirts from the gap!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    So, my older has always been smaller than me and has never had a problem pointing that out to me. Well, I've lost a little over 50 pounds, and in that time she has gained some. She will say things like "you're wasting away" or "lose anymore and you will disappear" but she says it in a happy voice. She has been calling me skinny and on more than one occasion I told her I do not want to be called skinny, I am getting fit. So ofcourse she just did it again "getting mighty skinny there". Sooooo trying to get on my nerves on purpose huh? OK.

How many years have you had this sister, and you have to come to a bunch of strangers to find out what her motivation is?

tsk. Get to know her better.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Break up with her! (no, that doesn't work for this)
    Haters gonna hate! (sorta works)
    She's jealous! (ok, this one almost always fits)
    She's trying to sabotage you! (nope, doesn't work either)

I think I got them all, so just pick one.

Ooooorrrr...

She's being a normal sibling and giving you a compliment in a way only a sibling can.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Every time she says that, just say you're right, thanks. She won't know what to say after that.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It is only an insult if you let it be one. If we start worrying about what people feel about our journey in weight loss and health it is no longer our journey..

Well said.