Does anyone follow the Eat Clean Diet???

Options
2»

Replies

• Chickabittie
    Options
    Doin' OK. I am trying to make small changes. :-) I made the EC beef stew in the crock pot the other night, and my meat loving guys loved it! I think it will be great once I'm on board all the way. I really have to sit down and plan out my meals. I made yogurt cheese the other night, and enjoyed it. It's funny, I made that like 10 years ago, and didn't know I was ahead of my time! ;-) Keep up the good work, everyone!
  • ccaruso219
    Options
    I'm glad that someone started this topic. I have been thinking about trying it, but wasn't sure what to expect. I'm going to pick up the book tomorrow. It will make good reading material on the plane.
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started this week and I feel amazing! Silly enough I started the same week as my monthly friend. lol Regardless, it was a good week....it was a little preperation the night before but I made it work AND the scale FINALLY budged. Down 2 lbs in 5 days. That was even with some rooky mistakes that I made. I'm totally excited and looking forward to how this lifestyle will change my life. I'm even going to try some of the recipes this weekend and I'm anxious to learn as much as I can. :)
  • jlsaven
    Options
    I'm interested in trying - I've heard wonderful things!
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love the eat clean diet. I have all of her cookbooks! The only way to get lean is by eating clean! (I didn't mean for that to be a cheesey rhyme)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I'm just a little worried that i won't be able to figure out substitutes...i don't eat dairy, or red meat...i just ordered the book so i may not have any problems at all...the only problem i'm having is i suck at cooking...so i hope the recipes are user friendly
  • kcbythec
    Options
    Hi there all you Eat Clean Troops...

I also do a modified version, have really started much healthier eating but still have the odd glass of wine or beer. I workout hard at least 4-5 days per week and cook lean and lite within reason. Hey, I'm 56, in decent shape, and yes I do feel better when my ECD is right on, but I always strive for those 100% days lol.......

But I'm reducing chemical waste and supporting local farmers and don't get the "extra" "unasked for" antibiotics etc in everything we eat and drink, it all makes a difference. I always find that I can sometimes derail in trying to do everything perfectly by the book. Doing your very best most of the time is a great thing.

KC
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump - thanks
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I follow the clean lean diet but I'm guessing its similar (all organic whole foods, no refined sugar, wheat or processed foods?)
    I absolutely love it, I went wayward for 5 days last week and immediately put on weight/had my skin break out and more importantly felt lethargic and depressed - I love being clean :) x
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My 15 yo daughter and I follow the EC Diet at least 95% of the time. We still have the occasional small 'treat' - very small and no more than one per week if that. We also subscribe to the Eating Clean magazine - in fact, my daughter loves, loves, loves it! She is the one who goes through them and helps decide menus for the week, does the shopping with me and even helps to cook. I'm very pleased that she is getting a good handle on a very healthy lifestyle that she can carry with her forever. Her only complaint is that I tend to improvise when we don't have the recipe ingredients exactly, so I just take from what ever other healthy food items that I have in the kitchen and make it up as I go along and don't write down the changes that I've made so that she can make it again! I'm trying to encourage her to use a little more creativity in the kitchen so she can also learn that you can create healthy dishes without a recipe when the need arises just by learning what works from the other recipes in the magazines. It's a learning process, but I have to say, as healthy as this child is (she even packs her own clean lunches for school), I think we're on the right path!
  • chelsealjames
    chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what the book says, what you can and can't eat, but I like to think I follow a clean diet. I'm not eating any processed foods and I can DEFINITELY tell a difference! Beforehand, I thought I followed a healthy diet, and I soon realized I was consuming too much sodium and sugar and not even realizing it. I cook/prepare every meal, and only use fresh oats, meats, veggies, and fruit. Love it!
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    That's awesome, MM, that you and your daughter shop and cook together, and that you are teaching her how to eat healthy for life. :-) WTG!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    As many of you have said, eating clean is the only way to go & not only will you have more energy but you are preventing all sorts of cancers and even depression!

I need to check out some of the websites listed & see if there is anything easy or that can be made in the crockpot!

Thanks for the wonderful topic!

-Chancy

*feel free to send me a friend request!*
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    As many of you have said, eating clean is the only way to go & not only will you have more energy but you are preventing all sorts of cancers and even depression!

I need to check out some of the websites listed & see if there is anything easy or that can be made in the crockpot!

-Chancy

• 4leggedmom
    4leggedmom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to found this thread. I started the clean eating diet because of allergies. I had a body rash ( insaneably (sp?) itchy), puffed up like a Q-tip that lasted over a month. I started clean eating on Sept. 6 and I am down 9 lbs today, my husband is down 10 lbs. My skin looks better and I feel 100% better overall.

It was easy to switch to clean eating as we don't eat much processed foods to start with. The most difficult part is the eating out. We try to choose the healthiest item on the menu but sometimes fail. I check labels closely now and am much more aware of the hidden sugars and sodium.

Sugar is my worse enemy. I love those sour soothers and fruit gummy bears. :-P

Love eating clean!!!
  • Chickabittie
    Options

-Chancy

In her cookbook, she has a stew recipe, and an oatmeal recipe, both for the crock pot.
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Made a clean pizza for dinner tonight.. There's an awesome whole wheat pizza crust recipe on Cleaning Eating Magazine's web site: http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/ce15_pizzadough.html (We skipped adding the gluten). Made a deep-dish pie - oil and wheat floured the pan to keep dough from sticking, then put 3 oz. (about 1/2 c.) low-fat shredded mozzarella, cooked ground turkey breast, yellow pepper strips, green pepper strips, sliced onion and sliced mushrooms. Covered with 1/2 jar "O" Organics Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce and topped with another 1/2 c. mozzarella. Bake at 450 for 25 minutes. Awesome, clean and healthy!!

Here's a tip for you all: on the weekends, we buy several peppers of each type, zucchini, onion, yellow squash etc. at once then cut them all up and put into freezer bags and freeze. Then take out as needed for your recipes!! This considerably cuts down on prep time during the busy work week!!