Working Nights

Options
Anyone have some ideas so I can mix it up some.. I work nights, so I take lunch and dinner with me.. Sometimes in a brown paper bag and other times in a cooler.. Any ideas for meals on the go so I won't get bored with the simple meals that I throw together for work.. Thanx ...

Replies

• acupofcoffee
    Options
    Do you have access to a fridge or microwave?
  • lruyter
    Options
    I also work night and I usually pack a big salad with a serving of lean protein and cheese for my dinner and hummus with crackers and veggies as a lunch/snack. I eat lots of fruit too during my shift to help me stop the urge to snack on "bad" foods. My salads are often greek (with feta, tomatoes, red onion, peppers, cucumber with a light greek dressing mixed 1/3 white vinegar to lighten it even more) and garden with egg/cheese and a vinigrette dressing and taco salad with lean ground beef or turkey on a bed of mixed greens and some light cheese (I usually don't even need dressing). I often pack turkey pepperettes or turkey deli meat or leftover steak or pork tenderloin as a protein. I sometimes will pack a Lean Cuisine (or something similar) too if I want something hot. Sometimes I will make and portion turkey chili. I have found greek yogurt also helps to curb my appetite.
    Hope this helps
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a microwave and fridge at work it makes it easier. When you have the time you can make a big pot/pan of chilli/soup/casserole/whatever and then scoop single servings into freezer bags or Rubbermaid containers.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Sorry for the delay but thanx for your great response. . I'm sure it's going to help. !!!
    Been doing this now over 2 weeks and the support is Awesome as I too now have some contributions to make.. Thanx Again !
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Thanx for your response !