Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Needing guidance

Hey guys,

I have been using food to make myself feel better for so long that I don't really know how to cope now. I want to improve my health but it's like I have this huge obstacle in the way that turns me right around when I'm on track. I know what I have to do to improve my health and look better but I am always bewildered when I find myself stabbing me in the back! Just wanting to know if anyone has gone - or is going through - what I am and what strategies you used to stop feeling so attached to food. I know it may sound pathetic but I honestly don't know what to do! I am not a lazy person in the way of everything else and I don't know why I am always doing this to myself.

Thanks

Replies

• lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    I am sure a lot of people on here have exactly the same problems you need to find ways of motivating yourself. You obviously want this to be here, someone I knew when struggling put the equivalent weight they had lost in a sack and picked it up to make themselves feel better when they felt like quitting. I put a fiver in a jar for every pound lost (£400 since january 2013), when I reach my target I am going to need a new wardrobe, I also add workouts to cover any slips I have along the way. You need to work out a way of motivating yourself to stay on track whether it be friends to encourage you or pictures of you at your heaviest and now to compare, every ones different but I am sure that you can do it you just need to want it enough.
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    That sounds like a really good idea to put money in a jar for every pound lost. Thanks.