high stress and car travel

Options
Hi everyone I work in a very stressful field and work a lot of hours many of which are in the car this had been a hard adjustment for me and I packed on forty pounds the first year any suggestions about eating right while on the road

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    i would think the same rules apply whether you're in the car or at a desk. make sure you have plenty of "to-go" food on hand, like sandwiches and cut up veggies that travel well. fast food drive throughs are tempting, but do what you can to avoid them until healthy habits start to stick. i used to keep a cooler in my car with my munchies.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    i would think the same rules apply whether you're in the car or at a desk. make sure you have plenty of "to-go" food on hand, like sandwiches and cut up veggies that travel well. fast food drive throughs are tempting, but do what you can to avoid them until healthy habits start to stick. i used to keep a cooler in my car with my munchies.
    This, stay out of the drive thru's and pack your own food.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Get an insulated bag, some refreezable icepaks, a wide-mouth thermos ......

I cook big batches of chili, stew and soups ...... portion it out, stick some in the freezer .....

Buy fresh fruit, cut-up veggies, hummus, cheesesticks, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, nuts, whole grain crackers ......

And walk !

Good luck :drinker: