Oh come on!

Options
So I have been struggling a lot. I lost 50 but have since gained 10 back. My first dress fitting is in 4 weeks and I HAVE to get this 10 pounds back off or I'm worried my dress won't fit.

I have been doing well the past couple weeks, drinking my water, sticking to my calories, sticking to my work outs. Last week I lost 2.5 pounds, great! Then Thursday my fiance and I went out for our anniversary, then Friday we drove up north for a family reunion and our bridal shower. Ok, so I know I didn't eat great, yes there was McDonalds on the way up, yes there was fudge and ice cream. But I thought I made pretty good choices for being out of town with no real exercise and going to a buffet two days in a row. I was not constantly snacking at either get together, I drank water all weekend, when we ate out I got salad, or grilled chicken (no bun, no mayo).

Since then on Monday I got back on track, drank water, worked out, etc. Today I weighed in and I am up 3.5 pounds! :noway: I did the math, I know that would have to mean that I ate like 10,000 calories on top of my regular calories, so I'm quite sure it's water weight, but dang! I was down to 166, so creeping back into the 170's is bad enough but now I am getting dangerously close to the 180's! My wedding is in 88 days, this cannot be happening. Why can't I get this wait off, and why can't I stop gaining!? Please somebody give me a virtual slap in the face!

Replies

• Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up...........................its obviously very important to you, so get back on and continue with your life...........it is that simple:smile:
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I bet you had more sodium than you thought. When I look at my food log, the things that have the highest sodium are the processed stuff, like McDonalds. If I have a piece of meat pizza for dinner, it pretty much destroys my chances of a loss the next day, even if I was otherwise well within the proper parameters. Better to stay away from that stuff.. it just leads to disappointment.

Mirii
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what Samantha said.
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    88 days is plenty of time to drop those pounds. You're right, it's just water weight or at least very nearly all water weight. From the sound of it I suppose a few ounces could be fat, but not much. Just keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll fit you're dress perfectly. Drink plenty, watch your calories whenever possible, make good choices when you can't, work out as much as is reasonable, and you'll be JUST FINE. :)

Consider this your slap in the face. :laugh: Oh, and congrats on the upcoming wedding! :drinker:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! You are doing all the right things! You CAN do this!!! :flowerforyou:

Easier said then done, but try not to get too upset by the scale! (although, I saw a 2lb gain on Saturday on my own scale and I was almost in tears! :tongue: ) You know that things like sodium and water retention sabotage the numbers! When you work out and work your muscles, they retain water to replair themselves, etc..... 10lbs in 88 days is totally do-able! Keep doing what you are doing, make sure you are drinking lots of water!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Like Jamie, I was going to key in on the sodium in the burgers, and probably even the buffet food. Don't kick yourself over it. Give it time to pass through. I have found that when I eat bad it doesn't necessarily show up the next day, but 2 days later, and takes just as long to rectify itself.

The other thing I would like to remind is that you have already made incredible progress! That has to show and you will look incredible in that dress. Get it altered to fit YOU, not where you think you want to be and you will look fab!!

L
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    GIRLLLLL PLEASE!!! :laugh:

You have almost 3 MONTHS to lose weight before your wedding. When I started I weighed more than you and I lost 20 lbs in 3 months. You could be noticably skinnier by your wedding if you just stayed on track! I know you can do this!

OTher than serious health reasons, I can't think of a more motivating reason to lose weight than your wedding...just sayin!

You soooooo can do this!!! :drinker:
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    it's not all about the math. Stress can do crazy things to your metabolism. You are already stressed with the wedding plans, stressing about your weight is just making things worse. Relax. Follow the plan. Take a walk with your fiance' and remember it's not really about the weding, it's about the rest of your life.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I was going to say just what BonieKate said. Find something relaxing to do. Take a walk or get a mani/pedi with a girlfriend. Relax you will look beautiful in your wedding dress!
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Ok, calm down! There's definitely water retention (salt is in abundance in buffets). First off, water water water (real water, not mixed water). Next-- stretch every morning. It gives your body a chance to distribute the blood to get the salt and crap out of your body. Third-- keep up the fitness. I have 15 lbs to lose in 65 days. And that's not water weight. So, keep it in perspective.

Last-- if you for some reason don't managethe last 3 pounds, that's why the Good people at Spanx were sent down from heaven with their wares.

Very last-- you can do this!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents worth. Your body is also playing camel. I am guessing you didn't keep up with your water intake because you didn't want to be excusing yourself or stopping on the road every 30 minutes. The sodium didn't help either. Water, water, water. I find that a cup or two of coffee helps get the plumbing going again (in both directions). You will make it!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents worth. Your body is also playing camel. I am guessing you didn't keep up with your water intake because you didn't want to be excusing yourself or stopping on the road every 30 minutes. The sodium didn't help either. Water, water, water. I find that a cup or two of coffee helps get the plumbing going again (in both directions). You will make it!

Yeah, I did choose water over pop, but no I wasn't drinking strictly 8 glasses or more like I have been for the last few weeks. So that combined with high sodium foods was probably the killer.