Diet to reduce C-reactive protein?

Options
My job recently sponsored a wellness screening through our insurance carrier. Except for my BMI, all my test results (cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose) were in the healthy range with one big exception: Cardio CRP. I honestly didn't even know what this was but after extensive research (read: googled it), it's a test of inflammation level that is predictive of heart disease. And maybe more, as some oncologists think cancer is an inflammatory disease. Mine was pretty high, and I'm young still, so this is worrying.

I'm already on my way with my weight loss journey. I'm seeing slow but steady results there. And I've increased my exercise tremendously. Both of which will help with CRP levels as general health improves. But aside from cutting calories, I still feel that my overall nutrition is still poor. I'm still trying to figure out what I enjoy eating that is healthy, filling, and nutritious.

I get the feeling that CRP is a relatively new marker and sort of showing up as the new crisis du jour. That being said, I'm not happy that I'm in a high risk category. I plan to follow up with my regular doctor, but has anyone out there had success in reducing their CRP values with diet? A couple of articles I've seen cite studies in which a mediterranean diet (high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, fish, healthy fats) has successfully reduced CRP levels. Just curious if anyone has started this battle and is making improvements.