1500 cal/day and still hungry :-(

Options
So I increased my calories to 1500/day (which I always eat all of) and It seems that I am still hungry all the time! I typically eat weight control oatmeal for breakfast with skim milk and I am still hungry! Any ideaS??

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Instead of having 3 big meals, I have 5-6 mini meals per day. I find that eating every couple of hours keeps me from being hungry all the time.

Oatmeal is a great choice, I also like to snack on fruits and veggies and try to get in lots of protein as well.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Instead of having 3 big meals, I have 5-6 mini meals per day. I find that eating every couple of hours keeps me from being hungry all the time.

Oatmeal is a great choice, I also like to snack on fruits and veggies and try to get in lots of protein as well.

This works for me too. Also, as I know it won`t be long until the next meal it keeps me from overeating.
  • susieoj
    susieoj Posts: 181
    Options
    Protein at every meal,not huge amounts necessarily but protein keeps you full longer.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    more protien.

And I see a lot of days you are under 1k calories...if you log at all then rebound to over 1500...what about exercise ? are you doing any?
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    5-6 mini meals make you fat. My father is biochemist. If stomach full calories dont burn
    If u think im a joke, or not real, imagine Im euro style. Turns out its a fact idiot,
    im croatia, now at north america. So my tastes, info, and thoughts have backing. Enjoy life my man.

what.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Smaller meals through out the day and plenty of water.

I love oatmeal and have it every morning. For snacks I have a greek yogurt, or a piece of fruit, and sometimes I will add in some cashews or almonds. Make your snacks filling.
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is a great start, depending on how much you are eating you may want to increase your serving size, or add raisins or craisins and walnuts, make it more filling.

Eat things like chili, soups and salad comobs, soup and sandwhich combos, so you are eating a carb or protein heavy item and a light item, those types of foods tend to be more filling. Depending on how active you are, you may need to eat back some of your activity calories to ensure you are getting the proper nutrition on your weight loss journey.

Also, drink a lot of WATER!!! Drink at least 8-16 ounces of water when you wake up, right before or after you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, and drink during the day. This will keep you from feeling hungry allt he time. I know water can be difficult to drink but unfortunately, it is essential in weight loss and making sure your body does not retain excess amounts of salt.
  • twinketta
    Options
    5-6 mini meals make you fat. My father is biochemist. If stomach full calories dont burn
    If u think im a joke, or not real, imagine Im euro style. Turns out its a fact idiot,
    im croatia, now at north america. So my tastes, info, and thoughts have backing. Enjoy life my man.

what.

my sentiments exactly :laugh:
  • PlumDrop12
    Options
    1. Drink a ton of water.
    - sometimes what you think is hunger is your body needing water and sometimes we eat out of habit not out of hunger.
    2. If you just started reducing your cals, your stomach is still stretched to hold more food.
    - I drink a glass of water and psyllium husk powder from GNC. the extra fiber helps you feel fuller.
    3.eat more protein at the beginning of your day.
    - protein can help curb cravings and helps you feel fuller longer as well.
    4. Practice saying no to yourself.
    - If your desire is to be healthy and not just slimmer, then you have to acknowledge that over indulgences can be unhealthy.

Stay strong and good luck!
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Focus on putting more protein in your diet. Once I started to to that, I felt fuller for much longer. Also I choose to drink herbal tea often to keep myself busy & full of water, and chewing gum helps too (just to keep the mouth busy)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

:huh: :huh:

Calories in>calories out makes you fat.

The body doesn't care if there's food in the stomach. It needs energy, it uses calories. If it doesn't have enough from your intake, it will use from your stores. That's biology.
  • bcorbin34
    bcorbin34 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would say make sure your calories really count. I eat breakfast, then a snack, then lunch then a snack, then dinner and then a snack. I do a lot of protien, fruit and veggies, plus drinking a lot of water fills you up. I would say change up how your eating and what your eating and see if you notice a difference and if you work out make sure your eating those calories too.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
    How much do you weigh?
    How much do you want to lose each week?
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hunger is my constant companion. I eat about 2k a day and I am still hungry. You just have to learn to deal with being hungry and realizing you are not starving.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options

what.

My father is biochemist. Its a fact.
    Enjoy life my man.

wtf just happened....
  • twinketta
    Options
    So I increased my calories to 1500/day (which I always eat all of) and It seems that I am still hungry all the time! I typically eat weight control oatmeal for breakfast with skim milk and I am still hungry! Any ideaS??

I just took a little peek at your diary, and it seems you are already having some snacks between meals.

I would suggest really increasing your protein to fill you up for longer. Good luck
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

... :noway:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Whoa.

What you state is not fact. Eating 5-6 mini meals does not make you fat unless you eat more calories than what you burn.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I am curious, what is "weight control oatmeal"?
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I am curious, what is "weight control oatmeal"?

regular oatmeal... lol