October 2013 Mom's Move It To Lose It Challenge

Options
Welcome Mom's of ALL ages!!! This is a completely new challenge geared specifically toward mommies, preferably with children who live at home, but we won't be bias! :smile:

RULES:
1. Set your REALISTIC goal....distance (miles), number of workouts, or number of steps
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below) or add your goal to the thread.
3. October 1st, 2013 is the beginning of the challenge and will close on October 31, 2013
4. You are welcome to post daily, but weekly is fine too. Remember when updating to post your Total Distance, Number of workouts (minutes included) or the total number of steps that you have completed FOR THE MONTH of October, not only that particular day or week.

The point is to set a REALISTIC goal that you feel comfortable with and PUSH yourself PAST that goal. This is not a competition to see who can do the best. This is simply to challenge yourself to put in 100% effort (ZERO EXCUSES) and see the challenge through to the end.

Creating a ticker:

Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the BB code and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update.

Mine is below as an example.

Good Luck Moms!! Now get Moving!! :happy:

blk-exercise.png

Replies

• DarthPato
    Options
    I'm game! My goal is to get in five 30min-1hr workouts a week. I have really been slacking in the exercise department. I know I can do three days a week, so I want to push myself to do five days a week.

I'm excited! Hope we can encourage each other to push ourselves and meet our goals!

exercise.png
  • omassey20
    Options

exercise.png

Lost 30 pounds...ready to jump start again...:bigsmile:
  • lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 293 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Lost 30 pounds...ready to jump start again...:bigsmile:

Great!! What is your goal? Distance, workouts, number of steps? You don't have to pick just one, as long as it is a goal you can push for!
  • JeremysGirl2002
    JeremysGirl2002 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

blk-exercise.png

I tried to create a ticker. I'm trying to see if I did it right. Mine is suppose to be 720 minutes of exercise.
  • lovethyneighbor
    Options
    Looks great!!! You've got this!
  • DarthPato
    Options
    Updating for yesterday and today! Hubby is helping keep me on task, which I need! I feel on fire and so motivated :bigsmile: Let's see how long that lasts lol.

How is everyone doing today? Finding your motivation? Or are you struggling today?

exercise.png
  • vapegirl
    Options
    Hi can i join?
    two kiddies 2 and 3 so gotta find stuff to fit round them gonna start small and go with 3 - 30 minute work outs a week and two hour long walks a week
    drop my eldest at nursery twice a week so can push the small in the buggy round the park for an hour
    just need to find an exercise vid or routine for the other workouts that i like and motivats me to do more :d
    good luck everyone
  • lovethyneighbor
    Options
    Hi can i join?
    two kiddies 2 and 3 so gotta find stuff to fit round them gonna start small and go with 3 - 30 minute work outs a week and two hour long walks a week
    drop my eldest at nursery twice a week so can push the small in the buggy round the park for an hour
    just need to find an exercise vid or routine for the other workouts that i like and motivats me to do more :d
    good luck everyone

Absolutely!! There are lots of free videos online and You Tube that you can Google. Walking at the park is a great idea too. My son is in pre-school 4 days a week, so going to the park is my agenda. I am going for 50 miles walked this month. I am a SAHM, so getting out and making myself active is hard to do when I stay so busy at home with little ones.. I am pushing myself out of my realm of comfort! Good luck to you and keep us updated!! :smile:
  • DarthPato
    Options
    Oh boy...I haven't done any exercise since my last post. That is horrible! I hope to get a nice long walk in today and then get back on the work out train tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing this weekend?
  • lovethyneighbor
    Options
    I am dragging this week, after injuring my shoulder. BUT....I said NO EXCUSES, so I have been pushing myself through it. I haven't posted on here, b/c I have been struggling. My goal is 50 miles. I can't decide if I want to count the gazelle and workouts in as part of that 50 miles or if I want to count only 50 miles on the road walking or jogging. So far I have only logged my ticker as actual miles.

What does everyone else think?

blk-exercise.png
  • lovethyneighbor
    Options
    Oh boy...I haven't done any exercise since my last post. That is horrible! I hope to get a nice long walk in today and then get back on the work out train tomorrow.

How is everyone else doing this weekend?

GET ON IT GIRLFRIEND!!! IF I CAN FORCE THIS INTO MY BUSY SCHEDULE, I KNOW YOU CAN FOR SURE! Didn't you log a workout the other day?
  • JeremysGirl2002
    Options
    I didn't get off to a good start but I made up for it so I am back on track. Hopefully I will be able to blow my goal out of the water! :) I am not counting my stretching when I use the treadmill but I did for P90X since it's figured into my hrm time. Lets keep it up! One week down!

blk-exercise.png
  • lovethyneighbor
    Options

blk-exercise.png
  • JeremysGirl2002
    Options

blk-exercise.png
  • lovethyneighbor
    Options