A word of warning: I'm going down...

Options
2»

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    So not what i wanted this to be about....

tumblr_m518mhkafH1qce9fuo1_500.gif
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Correlation does not equal causation. Just because this happened *and* you ate 1200 calories (so far) that day does not mean it happened *because* you ate 1200 calories that day. I'm a 6'6" active man and my intake is usually under 1200 calories until diner time. And I'm the healthiest I've been in *years*.

If you have an episode like that, go see your doctor. There is almost certainly something else going on.

This^^^ Sounds like you could be border-line diabetic. My MIL is and she gets the same way. One day at eating under 1200 calories shouldn't cause you to pass out like this unless you have an underlying health issue. Please see a doctor just to be sure. I'm glad you didn't really hurt yourself. It could have been a lot worse. :heart:
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I always keep some kind of full sugar candy or glucose tablets on me just in case. I've only had a couple really low blood sugars, but they scared me enough to keep something handy.
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I am glad that you was not driving that would have been a very bad outcome.
    I have been doing this couple days a week eating about 1000 to 1100 cal a day. like today lol I usually don't work out the days that I do this but it is good to keep in mind so nothing bad happens.
    thanks again
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Correlation does not equal causation. Just because this happened *and* you ate 1200 calories (so far) that day does not mean it happened *because* you ate 1200 calories that day. I'm a 6'6" active man and my intake is usually under 1200 calories until diner time. And I'm the healthiest I've been in *years*.

If you have an episode like that, go see your doctor. There is almost certainly something else going on.

I'm glad someone else pointed this out. OP, I'm glad you are okay now but please go to your doctor.

Often before dinner, I have eaten anywhere from 900- 1,000 calories and I feel energetic.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm... I just assumed it was a blood sugar issue. I do have MS, but I've never had anything like that before and I'm not sure that MS would even cause that to happen. I will ask my doc at my next appt about it and of course if it happens again I will go to the doctor immediately. I certainly hope it's not diabetes. :-/