Polar FT4 waterproof?

Does anyone know if the Polar FT4 is waterproof? When I read the manual and instructions it did not say either way. I want to go swimming and be able to accurately track my calories.

Thanks!

Replies

• howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Definitely not.
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    I had a feeling it wouldn't be, bummer. Thank you
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    It is water resistant, not waterproof. You should be able to wear it swimming (check specs on link to manual below to be sure) but DO NOT press the buttons on the watch. FYI, it may not work in pools with high chlorine levels. Plus you should wash the strap after every use in the pool.

Here's a link to a PDF of the user manual. See page 13

http://www.polar.com/e_manuals/FT4/Polar_FT4_user_manual_English/manual.pdf

For more info:

http://www.polar.com/en/support/FT4
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    It is water resistant to 30 or 50 mtrs I wear my FT1 to swim and have no problem, they do suggest strongly that you do not press any buttons in the water!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I swim laps with my Polar FT60 and it works just fine.... Best of Luck
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    it's water resistant... I swim with mine on regularly and have no issues. The manual does says it is water resistant and it also says DO NOT push the buttons under the water =)
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Awesome, thank you! Just looked it up and mine is water resistant! So excited
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Was interested for the same reasons, had a quick look at a watch web site and what they had to say about proof / resistant

50m resistant >> shower proof , ok to get a bit wet

100m resistant >> extended water exposure , ok for swimming and snorkelling

200m resistant >> pressure resistant, made for scuba and skin diving

hope that helps but check warranty information before using underwater :)
  • I read somewhere it was around 30 metres water resistant
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Yeah i use the FT7 and agree, like my wife when she's angry, just don't push anymore buttons and you won't break it
  • When you say you swim with it..does this include the band around chest or just the watch, ive only just bought mine so new to this item!

Thanks in advance
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Mruntidy - thats funny
    bethh29 - it wouldn't do anything without the strap, that is what is recording your heart rate.