Getting the Most Out of Your MRS

Options
krkoch1983
krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
I have recently started using meal replacement shake (MRS) for breakfast and lunch filled in with snacks of fruit, cheese, veggies, and lean protein. My dinners are huge salads with a lean protein and a healthy carb to help bite the cravings. What I am looking for are recipes to get the most out of my MRS. I would love to go 3-4 hours with out being hungry instead of 2-3. I am larger and just started, so I know my stomach is stretched out and used to eating much larger quantities, but I really enjoy these and want to get the most out of them.

So.... what protein drink recipes do you use? How do you get rid of the chalky taste?

Thanks!

Replies

• Sporks42
    Sporks42 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always have a generic Slimfast for breakfast, usually for lunch too. I make sure I always have a bag of leafy greens and a pitcher of water/tea. I've found that I get fuller much faster with a lot of liquid in my tummy. I get a big plate of greens, two TBS of dressing, and have my pick of the day. I get the crunchy chewing without adding too many calories, and the nutrients I need. Some days I'm not hungry at lunchtime and just wait until dinner. I'm not a fan of breakfast and lunch foods, but I love me my dinner, so I conserve during the day and don't hold back at dinner (well, I don't get seconds). I find the greens satiate my need to chew and fill my tummy, while the shake makes sure my body gets what it needs.

I don't know how much you have to loose, but you probably could get away with having more shakes during the day, and probably switch up dinner to fill you up better. Salads are the quintessential diet food, and they can get boring, leading you to binge on all the nice things that helped you get to where you are. Don't expect to loose everything over night! Tonight's menu for me is crockpot cheesy chicken and rice, and you bet I'm saving up my calories for that! I enjoy saving during the day for my dinner, and I'm shedding pounds.

Also, can't help you with the chalky taste, the premade slimfast shakes are high in sugar cause they are yummy yummy yummy!

In before flaming for meal replacement shakes.
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I love the Premier Nutrition whey protein shakes that you can buy at Costco. They are 160 calories and have 30 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat, and only 1 gram of sugar. To me, the chocolate ones taste good and not chalky. They keep me full for several hours too.