How do you know when you are at your goal weight?

Options
Hi, all: I am currently 146 pounds and would like to get to 130 and then see how I feel from there as I am only 5 feet tall. My question is, that I have no idea if I should already revise my goal. When did you all feel good with your weight? I know I want to be reasonable with my goals though and don't want to be too low of a weight. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, firstly I think you're at your goal weight when you're at your goal weight. Ahaaaaaaa.

But yeah, honestly I think how your feel about yourself physically and how you look is much more important than your weight on the scale.
    There's lots of factors to your well-being and weight is one of those I guess??? But it shouldn't be the only thing you're looking at.

(Also, just a thought but it seems that the majority of MFP are people that are still on their way to getting to their goal weight, so, uh, I don't know where I'm going with this, something.....)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    When you feel good about how you look. For me it will be when I've lost those rolls of fat in my midsection, lol.
  • pavrg
    pavrg Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hi, all: I am currently 146 pounds and would like to get to 130 and then see how I feel from there as I am only 5 feet tall. My question is, that I have no idea if I should already revise my goal. When did you all feel good with your weight? I know I want to be reasonable with my goals though and don't want to be too low of a weight. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I based mine on bodyfat % and what a person looks like at a given bodyfat %.

Then I used this calculator to figure it out:

http://www.weightrainer.net/weight_loss.html
  • hollymartin90
    hollymartin90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    not sure concentrating on just weight is the best idea,im less than my original goal weight but not how i imagined/wanted to look i basically dont mind even if i weighed slightly more just wanna be a lot more toned!Ive always thought of it in more terms of a goal clothes size,so i guess stop when ur at a healthy weight and are happy with the way u look :) there isnt a perfect ideal weight for everyone but a range!