Seated Row machine

Options
Hi, I know that it might be different in every gym but I'm just wondering how much do the weighted bars actually weigh? They just say 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. So I'm not sure how much I'm actually lifting.
This is the kind of machine I mean

b61802cd-1ca3-4af7-9480-91f0c41d043d_zps68e5617a.jpg

Thanks

Replies

• elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hmn. It will probably depend on the manufacturer- you could google the equipment and find out. As far as I know there is no standard for these types of things.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    10 pounds for each plate.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue at home. My man never labeled the plate stack and he numbered them. I estimate.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Usually its 10lbs each plate then the larger plates are 20lbs but u might want to ask if there is a trainer there. Regardless if u feel your muscles being worked and your not straining yourself u will still get results.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Usually its 10lbs each plate then the larger plates are 20lbs but u might want to ask if there is a trainer there. Regardless if u feel your muscles being worked and your not straining yourself u will still get results.

Not trying to be a jerk but the second part of your statement is not exactly true. If you lift the same weight for 2 months it may feel like your muscles are getting worked but they are not going to develop beyond the weight you are currently lifting.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Not trying to be a jerk but the second part of your statement is not exactly true. If you lift the same weight for 2 months it may feel like your muscles are getting worked but they are not going to develop beyond the weight you are currently lifting.

the actual weight doesn't matter, if you can do 4, and it gets easier, jump up to 5 and so on
  • mdivamuffin
    mdivamuffin Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for the replies. The girl who worked in the gym wasn't sure. I'll ask again the next day.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options

the actual weight doesn't matter, if you can do 4, and it gets easier, jump up to 5 and so on

I agree.. i didnt say that she would need to move up in weight after her muscle got used to it cuz i assumed she has a base knowledge of how to keep herself from hitting a plateau. I was not going to write her a book.. just a quick comment. I agree with ERICKIRB the number on the plate is not needed as long as you know your getting results and you keep pushing yourself