Anybody else out there that skips breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• illysastewart12
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast every morning , tats when i would notice a weigh gain i started eating breakfast 3 weeks ago and lbs are falling off!!! doest have to be a huge just something to keep your matablism going !!! try it see what happens
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Sometimes! If i wake up early then i have breakfest. If i wake up late, typically after 12pm, I just skip right to lunch.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I do not eat breakfast. I wake up early but I have found that for me personally if I eat early then I tend to eat more during the day. I seem to be hungry all the time if I eat breakfast. I normally have some sort of granola or protein bar around 10am that helps to keep me going. It works for me.
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast cause my dinners tend to be late at night so I am not very hungry until around 10:00 in the morning.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I did for a long time. I try to do 300 calories each morning after a couple of cups of coffee. There is no particular advantage to eating breakfast. Your day consists of calories and fuel. It is better for your hunger to even things off. But I am hungry at dinner and I could lave it most of the day. So I save calories for that time.
  • shoushitai
    Options
    i skip breakfast mon-sat, only eat it on sunday (but i wake up around 10am on sunday)
  • abide01
    Options
    i usually eat breakfast between 1pm and 4 pm, depends on my work schedule.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee with heavy cream and then generally don't eat until lunchtime. So there is a couple hundred calories in the coffee, but other than that, I'm not hungry until much later. And letting go of the whole "must have breakfast thing" has (I believe) helped me maintain my ideal weight. If I eat early in the day, I'm MUCH hungrier all day, whereas a cup of coffee can last me usually until 11, sometimes until 1. And I workout during that time as well, with plenty of energy (likely due to both the caffeine and the fat in the cream).
    That said, if I AM hungry in the AM, I'll eat--usually a hard-boiled egg, some almonds or a Quest bar.
  • drazani
    drazani Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I very rarely have breakfast (for some reason eating in the AM normally makes me sick) I just have a coffee, with skim milk. Then about 1-2 hrs later I'll have a banana 15 mins before my workout. I do like a bowl of cereal i. The evening though if i have the calories for it.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat anything at least until 10 am- not sure if that is skipping breakfast nor not. Unless you count coffee with creamer as breakfast. Technically, I would think breakfast is whatever you eat after you wake up, no matter how long...mind boggle! :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,958 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast all the time. As in ALL the time! (I have had brunch 2 times in the last YEAR, but that's IT!)

I also work-out fasted (from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm) and then grab my protein shake and go!
  • Target126
    Target126 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I was with my ex I was getting up between 6 & 6.30am and would eat a muller-light yoghurt and/or a banana while I was making our daughters lunch for her to take to school and then when she left for school I'd wake our son up and get him sorted and walk him to school, I'd get back home at about 9.30am and make scrambled eggs or omelette or tomatoes & mushrooms on toast for both of us. I might go back to doing similar to this as I was actually feeling really good during this period.

At the minute I am very ill and rarely get up until about 1pm when I'll eat pretty much whatever I fancy, generally w/meal toast with peanut butter, scrambled eggs & ham, a fruit salad or a sandwich & some fruit (I guess a lot of people would class that as breakfast)

Generally speaking when I do get up at a 'normal' time I can't stomach anything more than a yoghurt and/or banana for the first hour or so.