Not happy with photo results

Options
I've lost 6-7 pounds in the last month through eating healthy and exercise, but I don't see any change in my body. I've also been recovering from a surgery that meant I couldn't lift heavy objects. Could my problem be not enough weight training? Or did I just have more fat to get rid of than I thought originally! haha, I'm afraid the tough answer is column b, but I'd like to hear input. Here's some before/during photos.

Before Flexed
Flexedfront_closer9-6-13_zps2ca98cb3.jpg

Before relaxed
Unflexedfront9-6-13_zpsd8c9465f.jpg

During Flexed
Photoon2013-10-01at08412_zpsd03afedc.jpg

During Relaxed

Photoon2013-10-01at08422_zps8168d3f7.jpg

During - Relaxed

Photoon2013-10-01at08422_zps8168d3f7.jpg

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    You do have atleast 15-20% body fat.

body-fat-percentage-men.jpg

Although I can say that not being able to lift probably didn't help.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You're still losing body fat.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later...can't see pix.
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You should get your bodyfat percentage tested. They usually will do it for you at your gym.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Without the ability to lift you probably lose fat and muscle, lifting (strength training) helps you retain the muscle you already have in a deficit. Also the smaller your deficit the better for muscle retention, and make sure to get adequate protein (much more than MFP suggests)
  • YouMadBro8281
    Options
    Decided not to be so mean.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^This is really not the way to try to judge body fat percentage.

OP I think you are maybe in the mid-20's

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/830595-body-fat-estimation-methods

Maybe see if there is a place you can get a dexa scan? Check your insurance too because some will cover most if not all the cost.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Well, if you thought a few pounds would reveal a 6-pack, now you know you were wrong. Body fat still looks somewhere over 20 to me. But that's ok. Keep moving forward and a couple months should see some really nice positive changes.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    compared to your pics on your profile the pics on this thread look great! I personally think you're looking sexy... but then again I have a thing for hairy chests lol
  • bvincentelp
    bvincentelp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looks like you still got a ways to go. Plenty of fat in the pictures that could be cut.
  • melybelyc
    Options
    Losing 6-7 pounds is excellent - remember how much time it took to gain those pounds? Stop with the pressure - how do you feel? I have been working Insanity and recently started Focus T25 - in 4 months I have only lost 3 pounds, but I have also lost 4 inches. It doesn't sound like much - but the difference in the way I feel and the way my clothes fit is amazing. If you are looking for some more motivation - let me know, I am in several different motivational groups and its very helpful! Good luck and keep up the hard work!
  • decasan
    Options
    it's hard to compare the before and during pics because they're at different angles. maybe try getting the next set of pics at the same exact angle and you'll be able to see the difference better
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You're comparing before frontal pictures with during side pictures, so we can't really compare.

6-7 lbs is 6-7 lbs, be glad that you are progressing and keep working towards your goal.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Maybe see if there is a place you can get a dexa scan? Check your insurance too because some will cover most if not all the cost.
    You say this is not the way to judge BF%, yet the thread you reference says it's one of the better ways...lol
  • js8181
    js8181 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    be as mean as you like! i don't have any serious health problems, so getting leaner is essentially a hobby. Just as I'd want brutal honesty about a song I wrote, or a table I built, be as brutal as you want!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I would still do ya.

20% and all

i like guys in the 15 - 25 % range

meow

Me too.. I was looking at those pictures of the percentages and I prefer 15-25%
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    be as mean as you like! i don't have any serious health problems, so getting leaner is essentially a hobby. Just as I'd want brutal honesty about a song I wrote, or a table I built, be as brutal as you want!

Why would be be mean? You don't have defined abs, but you're not fat either. I think you look healthy. I think anything beyond how you are now is just for self satisfaction.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You say this is not the way to judge BF%, yet the thread you reference says it's one of the better ways...lol

That's why I did ^this to point to the chart. I was saying the chart wasn't the best way to try to judge someone's body composition by. I wasn't talking about his actual picture.....LOL :tongue:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    It's been a month. Professional bodybuilders take 12 weeks or more to get into the correct condition for a competition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition