How to eat back calories without going over sugar

Options
I've logged my food for today and I'm sitting around 850 calories/1220 as it is, but when I exercise later I usually burn around 800 which will put me at net 50 calories for the day. I'm already at 42/42 for my sugar intake, so how to do I eat more to get to 1200 calories for the day without going way over carbs and sugar for the day?

Thanks.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Forget about the macros. They really mean nothing unless you have some special medical issue that you need track for. Oh, and eat more! There are very few adults in the world that should be living on 1200 calories.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I track my macros instead of my calories, and I don't have any medical issues.
    you can try adding some Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It has no carbs, lots good fats and will provide the extra calories. One tablespoon can do the job. Or have some extra protein.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that sugar intake is expressed as a *percentage* of your total calorie intake. If you burn 800 calories, you'll get another 38 or so grams of sugar added to your goal. I think sodium is the only major macro that MFP tracks that doesn't change in proportion to your exercise.