How long before results?

Options
Hi! So I started out at 243lbs and lost 4lbs in the first week. I recently was told to get some measuring tape to track my progress instead of the scale. I am doing a 1360 calorie diet and am partaking in minimal exercise at the point. On this track, how long should I expect to wait before I see any results as far as the measuring tape goes?

Replies

• Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    In my experience, every 5-8lbs of fat lost equals an inch lost. I've lost 20lbs and almost 5 inches from my waist. Keep in mind that you won't lose as many inches everyone. In my case, I've lost 6 from my lower abdomen, but only one from my arms.

And remember, the first few weeks are the best, since you are losing a lot of water, after that you will lose fewer lbs every week.

Good luck!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I'd say I measure about every 2 weeks. I usually see a difference in some areas during that time. I think that's about how long I waited too, in the beginning.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I didn't start measuring right at first, so I can't speak to how immediate your results could be...but for me it's been more like an inch from my waist and hips for every 7-10 lb lost. I started at 262 on MFP.

My neck has been the same forever. I started measuring in May and it has not changed even 1/8 of an inch with the 30 lb I have lost since then. I'm ok with that as my neck's never been fat, don't have a double chin, etc...but it does surprise me with the other inches I have lost.