Evening Anxiety Eating!

Options
I always eat out of anxiety after 6:00 PM. I don't know what triggers me. My day would go great if only I could CONTROL myself during these hours. I end up ruining my day because I go into this panic and start eating in the evening! :sad:

Replies

• hailikecookie
    Options
    I do the same thing, eating triple my calorie allowance in one sitting at night time.
    I find that distracting myself often helps but I think you should try to find the cause. You can do this by joining support groups or going to a therapy session because it may not be obvious to you at the moment (you said you don't know what triggers it)
  • tbullucks06
    Options
    I have the same problem. I think it happens when my husband is at work and I am home alone. I'm not scared to be home alone so I'm not sure why it only happens then. I need to figure this out too. It's ruining me.
  • vanessamuffin
    Options
    Hi, Evenings are the worst for me with binge eating and it's worse when I'm anxious. I was able to curb it for a few weeks by setting my last food intake (whatever it is, didn't have to be a healthy choice) by 8 pm and even lost 4 lbs from it. It was very difficult mentally and that's the main reason why I haven't done it again despite the benefits. I also noticed that if I tried to eat less during the day, I "panic" too or my body does and I turn into an eating monster. Sigh. I've been battling this for years! It's an addiction for me ( I don't know how others would feel about their eating at night) and I think that it's a habit that I have to break since food is my drug (just like smoking is for other people) and most of the time the habit of munching on something is harder to resist. Good luck!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I always eat out of anxiety after 6:00 PM. I don't know what triggers me. My day would go great if only I could CONTROL myself during these hours. I end up ruining my day because I go into this panic and start eating in the evening! :sad:

I suggest you find an activity to get involved in around this time. If you're busy doing something you enjoy, that problem should work itself out.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I think it happens when my husband is at work and I am home alone. I'm not scared to be home alone so I'm not sure why it only happens then. I need to figure this out too. It's ruining me.

Same advice I gave OP.

Find an activity you enjoy and do it during this time.
  • vanessamuffin
    Options
    Great advice!
  • vanessamuffin
    Options
    Find an activity you enjoy and do it during this time.
    Edited by Fitfully_me On October 02, 2013 9:46 am

Great advice!