Exercise Balls and Fat Loss

Options
Hey there. So I've been on google for a good long while trying to find the answer to this, but no dice. I just wanted to know if using an exercise ball was a good way to burn fat and get a trimmer waist. Does anyone know anything about his?

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's very optimal.

To reduce bodyfat and achieve a slimmer waste, it's more about diet than exercise. Adopting a calorie-deficit nutrition/fitness plan is the essential way of losing weight. Exercise balls can help you increase a certain level of fitness, flexibility, and stamina (depending on what exercises you're doing), but it's not going to be much of a calorie-burner, (let alone fat-burner).

Going through some of your previous posts (that I saw from your profile), you have mentioned that you're at a healthy weight (back in August). So I'm not sure to what degree you want to slim down your waist. So if you're at a comfortable weight, but want to continue working on changing your body composition, you'll likely need to incorporate some resistance training/strength training into your fitness program. At a calorie-neutral/deficit diet, strength training will help you progress toward a more lean, defined look.

Do you have resources of which you might be able to do this? Access to a gym, free weights, etc.?