Good Shoes!!!

NewMe80xoxo
NewMe80xoxo Posts: 172
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey yall I was wanting to know if anyone had any ideas on good workout/running/walking shoes..my feet kill me and I need a good pair of shoes??? Any names or site where I can look at them would be great....and any reviews on the shoes you use would be awesome!!! Thanks !!!

Replies

• ndmckeown
    ndmckeown Posts: 30 Member
    I wouldn't buy running shoes online. Go to a proper running shoe store where they can fit you based on how you walk and run. Some people need a lot of support in their shoes, some people don't.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    I've said this a million times and I'll say it again! I love, love, love my Saucony's!!!!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    IM GOING TO BUMP THIS!!! I AM ON THE SAME BOAT!!!
  • The only shoes that have ever worked for me are Nike Airmax+ 2009 running shoes. I worked retail for 10 years and it took a toll on my ankle and these were the only shoes that helped. They are pricey but I hate every other sneaker out there so I eat the cost. Try them out if you have the extra cash.
  • I love NEW BALANCE. I and my marine husband have bought them for years and years. They make them 11 Wide for me but also they feel great and last a long time. I got mine online after trying on some in the stores. You can get better deal online. Mine I got actually on ebay for $39 when at the store they were $120 and they were new. That is a savings. I do that with all my shoes. Go try on then buy online later since most stores don't carry the wide I need anyway and you find better prices.
    Hope you find some. I know it can be frustrating. By the way I have had other brands and tried on others but never do I get the fit that new balance has.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    The only shoes that have ever worked for me are Nike Airmax+ 2009 running shoes. I worked retail for 10 years and it took a toll on my ankle and these were the only shoes that helped. They are pricey but I hate every other sneaker out there so I eat the cost. Try them out if you have the extra cash.

This is what I use as well! LOVE THEM!! If you can't afford a store that will custom fit shoes for you (these run from 100+ I believe) do your feet a favor and at least go to a comfort shoe store. They can measure your foot and your arch and tell you what kind of should your foot would best be in. I wouldn't buy online either unless you already tried them on and are buying them online soley for the purpose of them being cheaper.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Montrail and Teva! Both are wonderful. Teva for trail running and Montrails are great for the gym or trails (the grips are smaller than Teva). I have worn New Balance in the past and those are pretty good too.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Pumas :) They are seriously the best running shoes I've ever owned. They can be a bit expensive but they work well, give me the support that I need...and they are stylin' at the same time :)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I have a pair of Puma running shoes that are super light weight and airy. I usually have a problem feeling really constricted in atheletic shoes, but these are awesome. I can't remember the style name, though.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Go to a good running store and have your feet gait checked. Make sure they know what they're talking about. A good store will make sure you're in a good pair. Also, the store I went to they didn't have a shoe that fit my foot properly but the associate knew what would, so he told me what it was, I bought it online and he was absolutely right. Expect to pay at least $100
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Merrells are amazing!
  • I strongly suggest that you go to a reputable store and have a knowledgeable salesperson help you try on as many pairs as necessary to get the right pair. Bring your old shoes in as well - sometimes the wear pattern on your current shoes helps choose a new pair. I ended up with a pair of Brooks Adrenaline . . . and like a previous poster said, bring $100 or so.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    I agree with going to a great shoe store with staff that knows their stuff (not foot locker, etc.). Also, just remember that with shoes like nike, adidas, etc. that a lot of what you are paying for is celebrity advertisments! That's what "converted" me from nike to saucony. Good luck!
  • Having a weighted down step and working on concrete floors in 12 hour shifts, I have found great comfort in Z-Coils. Their original conception came when a physician who ran needed cushioning for his body. They are manufactured in the USA also.

They are an in-store purchase because each shoe is customized to your stance. I own 4 pairs, including the originals purchased around 2001 and wear them most every day, so you can see they are a sturdy shoe. Though they carry a hefty price, it averages out over the years of wearability.

I purchase the medium coil to accommodate my weight. When I am finished with my work day, I am tired but not because my back is aching.
  • If you have a New Balance store close by they will analyze your feet and how you walk/run to put you in the right shoe. They were awesome at my local store. You will pay for a good running shoe, but it is so worth it.
This discussion has been closed.