Your routine!!!

Options
I was wanting to know what your routine is when it comes to like do you plan your week of foods and exercise etc or do you plan it by day by day...or do you just see what happens that day and then log it???

I would love to hear yalls different ways of planing and keeping a routine!!! Thanks!

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I plan the night before. I log all my food in for the next day before I go to bed than adjust as necessary during the day. I log my exercise as I go.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I plan out in my head what I want for breakfast, eat it, log it, then plan out my day according to my exercise.
  • DianneMoreno
    Options
    I work at a computer, so I just log as I go along. I am pretty much ALWAYS on this site. The weekends, I log as I go on my phone (I dont have an App, I just access the Web and do it that way). If I am in a hurry, and cant log something on the weekend - then I take a picture of it and that reminds me to log it later when I sit down at the end of the day.

I dont log exercise at all, just food. So far, so good! 14lbs in 43 days, cant complain :)
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I typically plan my dinners for a month at a time (check out my blog). Lunch is usually leftovers or maybe low cal soup or healthy pb&j & I usually have a healthy cereal or maybe my homemade wheat waffles with natually more peanut butter for breakfast and keep lots of healthy snacks around to choose from depending on my mood. As far as logging, I usually log everything I plan to eat for the day except for my evening snack in the morning and adjust if I need to thfoughout the day. I log exercise after I am done.
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    I plan my workout schedule for 2-3 weeks at a time. This way, I know what I'm doing, where I'm focusing (cardio, strengthening, abs, stretching, etc.), what time and then I plan my socials around that. No one interrupts my workout schedule when I'm on a mission!!! :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I plan that morning in my head what I am going to eat for meals and also my exercise. Then I log it in after I have eaten or done it
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I do P90X so my workouts are planned for me. As far as food though, I usually plan the next day's food the night before or early in the morning. I pack everything for breakfast, lunch, and snacks for the day at work. Dinner is usually more up in the air, but it's always some protein (lean meat) and a veggie so it's not too hard to figure out.
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My workout schedule is set, Jazzercise Mon-Thu and swimming on Sat and sometimes on Friday. I plan my meals for about a week at a time. I try to do most of my prep work on the weekends so I don't have to spend a lot of time cooking during the week.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i run on tuesday, thursday and sunday; walk on monday and wednesday; yoga and weights on wednesday and saturday. if i miss a day, it's done. i don't make it up or beat myself up about it.

i plan my food each week on sunday (feel free to check out my blog, the link is in my signature). i have not been great about following it this summer, but it helps to keep me on track and eating better instead of eating out. :)

planning will help you, but you don't have to be completely rigid in following your plan. it is more of a guideline.
    dawn
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options

planning will help you, but you don't have to be completely rigid in following your plan. it is more of a guideline.
    dawn

If you REALLY want to lose weight, I think that you SHOULD stick to the plan be be focused. Too many distractions and you lose your way and end up quitting.

However, if your weight loss goal is high and long-term, do leave room for some fun! All work and no fun, makes you a dull girl!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I always bring breakfast and lunch to work so I prepare those the night before along with any healthy snacks I'll need. This helps in that I'm not heading to restaurants and ruining my work! I usually think about what I want for dinner during the day. I have a lot of food on hand most of the time but if I start to crave a nice healthy meal I don't have I'm lucky enough to have a grocery store right across from my building. I'll just swing in and grab what I'm missing. If I'm being really lazy or don't have much food/money, I'll still avoid the trap of calling and ordering food. Instead, I'll have breakfast for dinner! A couple scrambled egg whites and whole wheat toast can steer you too bad :) I personally can't plan to much more ahead than a few days because I tend to change my mind so quickly!

As for exercise, my week is set. MWF is my running program where I get up around 6 to complete it. T TH is spinning class which has me up at 5am (sheesh!). Saturdays I may or may not log formal excercise. It depends on my mood. I might just go for a walk but I might also attend Zumba class at my gym. I don't pressure myself too much though. The weekends bring a little relaxation with the "diet" but it's still kept very healthy. I splurge here and there but I don't plan for it nor do I plan against it on the weekends. Make sense?

I also log everything as I go. I'm usually always near a computer. If I'm not I just remember to do it later. Good luck!