Have you lost over 50 pounds? I need tips.

Options
2»

Replies

• Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    So much great advice. Just wanted to BUMP this to read for myself later.
    Dont give up though. Slow and steady is def the way to go.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Yup lots of good advice here.

Some Important strategies for me...
    Lots of vegetables, every day, in a variety of colors. Not only do they provide fiber and fill us up, but eating a variety helps us get a wide range of vitamins and minerals. When my nutritional needs are met, I feel less hungry, get fewer cravings.
    Remember that fats aren't the devil. Eating healthy fats along with protein helps us feel satisfied and gives us a shiny coat (good for hair and skin) lol. So incorporate nuts, nut butters, avocado, etc.
    Allow yourself the things you love, in reasonable quantities. I eat 50-100 calories of chocolate almost every day. Sometimes I have pizza...real pizza...not some silly pretend cauliflower-crust pizza. Sometimes I have ice cream. Sometimes I drink a coke. Log it all.
    When it's my time of the month, I allow for an extra 200-300 calories for 2-3 days to accommodate cravings. I'm still under maintenance, and allowing myself that extra snack or 2 each day means I don't feel deprived and end up binging.
    Have patience!
  • jessikuhhpants
    Options
    Everyone is seriously amazing and I thank you for your advice! :) I've been away for the past couple of days, boyfriend just lost his job so I've been frantically helping him find a new one. Unfortunately we both had a bad night of eating last night, so I'm pushing myself to get back on track today. I love the support and I've written so much of it down! I feel like I know where to start because of y'all, so thank you! Anyone can feel free to add me. I'm going to try my best to be on daily. If I can get on Facebook, I can get on MFP!
    :)