P90X-P90X3

Options
simonkurth
simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
Hello everyone,
I'm a self confessed P90X junkie :) If you would like to take on my favorite program then leave a comment below. P90X has been a real game changer in my life and I love to share that feeling with others.

P90X3 is being released in December- Perfect timing to either give P90X a try for the first time or dust off the old DVD's sitting in the cabinet before P90X3.

I have a very supportive group I belong to on MFP. Alternatively, I run a small Facebook support group that assists with motivation and support as well.

]a3372551-c3c8-4286-82c3-0da1da53aba1_zps1113f20a.jpg[/URL]

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

Congratulations on your progress.

There are several MFP groups with P90X focus

You can find them at the "Groups" link in the dark blue banner above

Here is a link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/42-p90x

Good luck in your journey
  • prdecatur
    prdecatur Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    look at you Simon...what an amazing transformation!!!!
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on your progress. I've done P90X, Insanity, and a P90X/Insantiy Hybrid with some good results. P90X3 sounds interesting and should be more doable given the 30 minute workouts. Although from what I understand, there is an optional warmup that would make the workouts more like 45 minutes or more.

Anyway, has Tony Horton ever addressed the difference between P90X3 and only doing half of a P90X workout? Take "Chest & Back." You do a warmup and then you do 6 pushup and 6 pullup exercises. Take a little break, and then repeat. You follow that up with a little cool down. Total of about an hour. If you remove the break and second round of exercises, you'd be left with about a 40 minute workout. Same with PlyoX workout. You do 4 exercises and then repeat. Then you do the same thing 5 more times. Just do the 4 exercises once, and you'd end up with about a 30 minute workout. Even the other workouts that don't repeat exercises, you can still just do the first half of the P90X disc. Next time you do the workout, do the second half. Basically, what do you get from P90X3 that you wouldn't get from doing half of a P90X workout?
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look great! Way to go! I'm planning to start P90X in about a month! Can't wait!
  • simonkurth
    Options
    First off, congrats on your progress. I've done P90X, Insanity, and a P90X/Insantiy Hybrid with some good results. P90X3 sounds interesting and should be more doable given the 30 minute workouts. Although from what I understand, there is an optional warmup that would make the workouts more like 45 minutes or more.

Anyway, has Tony Horton ever addressed the difference between P90X3 and only doing half of a P90X workout? Take "Chest & Back." You do a warmup and then you do 6 pushup and 6 pullup exercises. Take a little break, and then repeat. You follow that up with a little cool down. Total of about an hour. If you remove the break and second round of exercises, you'd be left with about a 40 minute workout. Same with PlyoX workout. You do 4 exercises and then repeat. Then you do the same thing 5 more times. Just do the 4 exercises once, and you'd end up with about a 30 minute workout. Even the other workouts that don't repeat exercises, you can still just do the first half of the P90X disc. Next time you do the workout, do the second half. Basically, what do you get from P90X3 that you wouldn't get from doing half of a P90X workout?

Excellent point. I'm currently doing a P90X /T25 hybrid and I have found myself fast forwarding through breaks and the drawn out warm ups to speed P90X up. Chest and Back is perfect for a once a week maintenance session using the first half only. I always find my intensity obviously diminishes as I become more fatigued in the second round. I'm not sure what extra benefits X3 would have compared to your idea other than more variety and high intensity training. After 4 rounds I'm just ready to switch it up a little lol.

After using T25 if they follow the same sort if high intensity short duration training X3 will become a huge hit.
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Wow - you look great! Way to go! I'm planning to start P90X in about a month! Can't wait!

Thank you :) Good luck for your own P90X journey!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Look at the difference in you! Good job!
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Thank you Susan
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    You look great Simon. Congrats.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am intrigued by P90X3. I keep thinking I should do another round on P90X but workout time is tight and I just end up grabbing the kettlebells for 30 or 40 minutes.
  • jtrain252
    jtrain252 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I cant remember what Round of p90x are you on now lol 25th Your a beast
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Thanks Mity Max. I keep trying everyday.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Amazing results, I'm currently wrapping up my 4th round of p90x and can't wait for x3 release!!
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Amazing results, I'm currently wrapping up my 4th round of p90x and can't wait for x3 release!!

Thank you :). You have done a spectacular job too. Yes, I'm pumped for X3
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Just about to finish my 4th round Jtrain
  • simonkurth
    Options
    9 days left!