kids

Options
I know most people have their kids for motivation. I just wanted to share a story about my 6 and 3 year old boys.

We were at Sam's club the other night and I had promised the 6 yr. old that I would buy him oreos to pack in his lunch. After we picked them up, he saw watermelon and I told him he had to choose - oreo's or watermelon. HE PICKED THE WATERMELON! Then last night (on our second watermelon in a week) my 3 yr ate his whole hamburger (small and no bun) because he knew he could have watermelon when it was gone - he didn't even touch the cheetos on his plate!

I guess even if I'm not seeing the weight loss I"d like to be seeing. I'm seeing my choices reflected in my kids' eating habits and that's worth a lot!

Replies

• annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I know most people have their kids for motivation. I just wanted to share a story about my 6 and 3 year old boys.

We were at Sam's club the other night and I had promised the 6 yr. old that I would buy him oreos to pack in his lunch. After we picked them up, he saw watermelon and I told him he had to choose - oreo's or watermelon. HE PICKED THE WATERMELON! Then last night (on our second watermelon in a week) my 3 yr ate his whole hamburger (small and no bun) because he knew he could have watermelon when it was gone - he didn't even touch the cheetos on his plate!

I guess even if I'm not seeing the weight loss I"d like to be seeing. I'm seeing my choices reflected in my kids' eating habits and that's worth a lot!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Ann!!!
    Your eating habits is certainly rubbing off on them and in a good way... great job!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful:flowerforyou:
    It is nice seeing children making healthy choices.
    You will see weight loss soon.
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My 3 yr old daughter chose brussel sprouts over Oreos!!! I am still in awe over that one!!!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I've seemed to always be lucky with my 6 yr old, He LOVES his fruits and Veggies. Don't get me wrong he loves his treats too but his easter chocolate is still sitting here in the box unopened, meanwhile he's went thru an entire bag of oranges lol