Tips on making time to work out... ??

Options
I feel like ever since i got a job last week, i been slacking off gym! what makes it harder mainly is that i dont drive so i have to catch transport everywhere, and my gym usually closes at 8pm so by the time i finish i dont have enough time to get there and work out! Not liking this one bit! and in the morning most times i start work at 9am and i feel that if i also do morning work outs at the gym, i have to rush into it so i wont be late for work! AHHHHH such a pain! Sucks not having a dammmmm car! I know if i had a car, this would not be a problem. Not to mention i'm not really a morning person either...

Any tips?

Replies

• Forever99lbs
    Forever99lbs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You should get the focus T25 workout. Its only 25 min workout but you sweat a lot.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    I have a Rower, Elliptical, Exercise Cycle and some weights at home all purchased for less than £150 total less than 6 months gym membership.

Now if I have time to turn on the TV or sit down I have time to exercise so I have no excuse.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    you don't have to leave your house to workout :-D

I get up every morning at 6 to workout to dvds/youtube workouts - its the only time in my day I have to concentrate on ME and to get exercise...JUST DO IT :-D you do get used to getting up earlier and you WILL benefit immensely in all ways from doing WO's.
    Set your alarm, get up that bit earlier - the 30 Day Shred is only 25 mins - not hard to squeeze that into your day and its a great workout :) there are loads of others too just waiting for you to try them out :)

Give yourself a challenge to do it for 1 month and then see how much better you feel and look :)
  • mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Tons of great home exercises videos. Some need little to no equipment. I have great success with Insanity and P90X. There are lots of other Team Beachbody videos. Lots of people love the 30 Day Shred. I stopped going the gym because it was just to time consuming. Now I wake up and 15 minutes later I am working out, hour later done and starting my day. This way I get my work out done before the family gets up and don' t feel guilty of the time spent at the gym.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Backyard or garage gym. Build one.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I feel like ever since i got a job last week, i been slacking off gym! what makes it harder mainly is that i dont drive so i have to catch transport everywhere, and my gym usually closes at 8pm so by the time i finish i dont have enough time to get there and work out! Not liking this one bit! and in the morning most times i start work at 9am and i feel that if i also do morning work outs at the gym, i have to rush into it so i wont be late for work! AHHHHH such a pain! Sucks not having a dammmmm car! I know if i had a car, this would not be a problem. Not to mention i'm not really a morning person either...

Any tips?

get up an hour earlier?
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be at a gym to get a workout in. Go running on your lunch break (I do this 4-5 times a week usually). Get up a bit earlier and hit the gym or workout at home after work.

Treat your workouts like an appointment you can't miss. Make the time. It's really that simple.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    7 minute workout app. If you have time you can do it several times or just do 7 minutes first thing in the morning and once again when you get home from work. No equipment to buy and the phone app is free.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You have to make exercise a part of your routine day...just like brushing your teeth or whatever. When it's a part of your routine, you just do it. Nobody says, "well I'm just not a morning person so I don't get up early enough to brush my teeth" or "I was going to bathe today, but I'm really tired...maybe I'll jump in the shower some other time this week if I have time."

You don't have to go to the gym to workout, and you don't have to workout for hours on end. It seems that most people who have this issue think they need to be droning away for hours and hours on some cardio machine to get their workout. I solid workout can be had in 30 - 45 minutes...and IMHO, if you're taking more than 60 you may need to re-evaluate your plan. I occasionally will go on a 90 minute or 2 hour bike ride or something...but those aren't my normal workouts. My standard workout is usually about 45 minutes tops.
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the tips and suggestions! i think the only situation it is then is get my *kitten* up in the morning whether i like it or not and just make it to the gym to work out and then go from there...
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    What better way to get over the morning blues than by getting your exercise in? I'm willing to bet you'll be much happier by 9 am if you know you've already gotten your exercise in for the day. :wink: