What's your end date goal?

Options

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    i dont have an end date, I just keep changing my goals...

I will be doing this for life...

Exactly this!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Death?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Death?

yep 300lb+ squat and deadlift............... do or die!!!!

just kidding, I have no deadline for these goals, just to keep on working towards them until I achieve them. or if I happen to die first then so be it, but that's not the intention....
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Death?

yep 300lb+ squat and deadlift............... do or die!!!!

just kidding, I have no deadline for these goals, just to keep on working towards them until I achieve them. or if I happen to die first then so be it, but that's not the intention....

Haha! Awesome!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Its a lifestyle for me. While I will reach my goal I will always be adjusting to become healthier
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    THERE SHOULDN'T BE AN END DATE!! When you reach your goal, then it is just manitenance. We have to make sure we don't slip back to where we came from. We want to either stay at our target goal or go ahead and lose more, if we need to.

Basil

I dont mean and end date for general lifestyle changes...
    just talking about goals :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    12/31/2013- 132lbs.
    I got 12lbs to go!
    SW 7/9/2013- 167
    CW 10/2- 144lbs
    So my goal is to lose 35lbs in a little over 5 months.
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've gotta mini end date goal of being under 200 when I graduate in May 2015. :3 That would be nice (80 lbs in 82-83 weeks). I'd also love to get my BMI under 25 before I turn 25 (so that would give me another year to drop the last 25 lbs).
    Slow and steady wins the race :D
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    There is no end date, other than the one God ordains. This is a lifestyle change for me and for DH. We'll be here for the long term. I'll probably reach my original weight loss goal within a few weeks. It is only 4.5 pounds away. I won't be ending my contact with MFP and won't be going back to my old ways. I'll need to learn how to maintain my weight at a healthy level, increase my activities, and have fun in life.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be healthier, so I have no end date.
    I can always get a teeny bit better.

On the other hand I would like to learn to do this with out logging everyday.
    I'm not sure that is possible for me though.

Got to my wieght goal of 33 lb in 15 months.
    1/2 lb a week is so the way to go.... it's so DOABLE
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Increasingly I feel that deadlines in weight loss , and goals even, are counter-productive. If people DO reach their goal for a particular date, especially if it's an event like a party or a wedding, they often relax immediately afterwards and regain a considerable amount. When they fail, they often give up because they feel like a failure. It's a lose-lose situation that I refuse to get into.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    i dont have an end date, I just keep changing my goals...

I will be doing this for life...

^^^^^
    Yup
  • ejcmills
    Options
    Another 12kg's by the end of the year (that is a kg a week) :happy:
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 224lbs and I would like to achieve this by January 1st. This works out at just over 2lb per week, which is more than i've been losing lately but i'm going to give it a go :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    No end point for me, I'll always be working towards being the best me I can be, setting goal after goal.

My current goal is to get my BF% low enough by mid-December so that I can start my bulk in time for holiday feasting :)
  • Jessicahanzlik
    Jessicahanzlik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I want to be at 145lb by Nov. 1rst (right now I'm at 150) So 5lb this month. I keep straying from my diet, but no! Not anymore!!! I WILL DO THIS!!! :)
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have no end date set. I just keep going and doing to make my body the best i can. My intention is to never be satisfied with where i am ...there will always be room for improvement.
  • sarfran27
    Options
    As with many of the replies to this post - I don't have an end date anymore.

I used to always have an end date to my goals, but this negatively impacted my life. If i didn't reach my goal, then I would feel like a failure, and if I did reach my goal then I would celebrate by doing all the things that I had refrained from - eating out a lot, drinking a lot, and being a general lazy *kitten*.

I've now got myself into such a place where this is the way I live my life, weight loss is a by-product of having a healthy body and mind, and a balanced life.

This is based on my own personal experience :)
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i've past my deadline. I started in June 2013 and had 51 pounds to lose. I planned to lose 1 pound per week and figured I'd be at my goal by June 2013. Weellllll, June 13 came and went and I ama little over 10 pounds from my goal. My weightloss and motivation slowed down. However, the good news is (1) I decided to set my goal 10 pounds lower - so now I have 20 pounds to go before I reach goal (2) I find MFP very manageable and plan to count calories for the foreseeable future even after I reach goal (3) I feel darned good at this weight!
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    THERE SHOULDN'T BE AN END DATE!! When you reach your goal, then it is just manitenance. We have to make sure we don't slip back to where we came from. We want to either stay at our target goal or go ahead and lose more, if we need to.

Basil

I know what you meant; I had a goal for July 2013 because I wanted to look a certain way for a family gathering. I didn't quite make it, but had still made significant progress. If anyone noticed, they didn't say anything. :brokenheart: Oh well, I moved on and am now about 1 lb from goal. Trying to decide whether to lower goal or move to maintenance.