New moms/PP

Options
So I recently just had my 2nd child 3.5 weeks ago. Of course exercise is limited for 6 weeks, but I've been walking. I need some tips and motivation for losing the baby weight. I gained 31lbs during the pregnancy and have 9lbs left to lose, but I also want to lose an additional 25lbs as I am currently weighing in at 169. I'm just wondering what other mom's did after having their babies to lose the weight in a healthy way, as I am breastfeeding as well. Thanks!

Replies

• cappymommy
    cappymommy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! You are doing great so far in your weight loss journey. I gained about 45 pounds during my pregnancy and I have lost all of it, and I feel it was because I kept breastfeeding/pumping. If that is something you are able to continue, I would say go for it because it helps so much to burn those extra calories. Good luck!
  • niki77la
    niki77la Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you too. I breastfed my first daughter for over a year and that is my goal again for my new daughter. But, I know I need to do more than just that for the extra weight to come off. Just not sure where to start as exercise is limited till I get released from the doctor which is on the 18th.
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 2.5 months old. At this point I'm logging calories on here (and logging breastfeeding as negative calories) and trying to stick to a 500 cal/day deficit to lose 1 lb a week. I'm also doing the c25k. If you're feeling up to it I would just walk with the stroller and progress to running when you feel like you can manage it. I've also enjoyed the 30 Day Shred DVD.

GL as I know this isn't an easy thing to do. It took me about 10 months to lose nearly 40 lbs of baby weight after my son was born. As they say, 9 months on and 9 months off. Try not to stress about it too much and make sure you do it in a healthy way. I have 25 lbs of baby weight to get rid of and then I would like to lose another 20 to 30 lbs after that.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Congrats and to already lost that much, that's awesome!

My last pregnancy was different, I lost 70 lbs in my pregnancy and gained 25.5 after she was born. The first one, I gained 50 lbs in the pregnancy and gained a lot more after lol.

So I found MFP right before my pregnancy, lost that account info so made a new one over 2 year's ago. Been a member here actually over 3 years but meah, we'll stick with what my thing says... I've logged in every day for 715 day's as of today. I log everything I eat and all my working out. I've lost 132 lbs and would love to drop 8 more pounds but more focusing on my measuring tape then the scale.

The best motivation for me was to go through the success stories and find people who had just about as much weight to lose as I did and see that they've done it. Also motivational quotes really helped me, but there is 1 quote that I still stand by strong today.

"There is a difference between commitment and interest, when you are interested in something you do it until something else come along, if you are committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."

I'm not always motivated to eat right or workout, but then I have to rely on the habits I've taught myself. Our brain has been trained to eat when bored, we have to retrain our brains to eat when hungry.

I could probably go on and on but don't want to preach lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!