Quest Bars

Options

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I have them as a snack or to help fill in my missing macros.

Pop them in the microwave for about 13 - 14 seconds......and they are awesome
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I love chocolate chip cookie dough, or cinnamon bun
    But I tasted the brownie one the other day....almost tastes like a tootsie roll....but it was good also.
  • ditsy
    ditsy Posts: 27
    Options
    Quest Bars are Awesome, Choc Peanut Butter & Chocolate Brownie are "the bomb". I use them as meal replacements sometimes.I'd like to see them create a triple choc one with white choc chips. (I'm a self-confessed Chocoholic)

I got mine off IHerb.com
    Cheaper buying by bulk- 12 bars $26.78.
    I found it's a lot cheaper than in-stores or buying within Australia. Postage was cheap too $9 and I got 4 boxes ( 48 Bars) Total approx $110.
    If its your first order you can get up to 15% off .
    Type in FHP179 it takes 10% off, you get extra 5% if its your first order.
    It works out to be just over $2 a bar (dependent on how many boxes you order.) Cheaper than Ebay.

If anyone does find it cheaper incl postage in/to Australia I'd be really interested to know. Postage is what costs a fortune.
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    meal replacment or snack? BOTH
  • BethAnnC448
    BethAnnC448 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat one for breakfast then one for lunch..
  • ajkolb
    ajkolb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I buy them direct from the company as they are always FRESH. I eat 6 meals a day, and my Quest bar is my afternoon 'snack', which is my meal 5. ALL of them are amazing!!!
  • mobosco
    mobosco Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love Quest Bars....the new Double Chocolate Chunk is my new favorite but they are all pretty good and I eat one twice a day as snacks!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat them for breakfast sometimes. If you have a Vitamin Shoppe around you, they're on sale 12 for $25 this week.
  • marylutzavon
    Options
    I'm going to order a variety pack off Amazon this weekend. :smile:
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I use them after workouts... and sometimes as breakfast with a protein shake. Great!!! fiber!!
    I've tried the chocolate PB, and strawberry cheesecake and chocolate brownie. They were ok. My fave is the Peanut butter supreme. It reminds me of some peanut butter candy... I can't remember the name of...(comes in a clear wrapper with black stripes on it...??? ugh! can't remember)
    Anyway! Was gonna try the cookie dough one, but my local shop was out....on back order. Apparently its awesome.
    I bought mine from Amazon.com....
    I like mine warm too... but I don't microwave it... I drop it in a cup of hot water for a few mins. (I have a thing about the microwave...odd... I know)
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    sorry to post a question but is the cookie dough flavour really ok?
    i have tried numerous protein bars/flapjacks and i just can't deal with the taste/texture but i do feel that i need some kind of protein after my workouts and quest is the only one ive come across as having amazing reviews
    so is the cookie dough one pretty close to actual cookie flavour or does it still have that weird protein powdery texture (im just asking as they are super expensive to order to the uk)
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I also learned about these here on MFP. I've recently tried most every flavor, and I agree that cookie dough, brownie, PB&J, and cinnamon rolls are my fave so far. Looking forward to trying this new "double chocolate chunk" mentioned. I'll also check Vitamin Shoppe tomorrow for the sale--I was going to order off of Amazon, but I don't want boxes of single flavors.

I was going to buy some other bars today that were cheaper and also had good protein. But the other thing with the Quest bars is that they seem to have a lot fewer ingredients--and low sugar. Oh, and they're gluten free! (I have a weird allergy that causes hives if I eat gluten and then do any sort of activity, so this part is huge for me. My allergy might be just wheat, but I don't take my chances since I've had severe reactions in the past.)

I usually eat them as a snack--or if I know I'll miss lunch, I might have one mid-morning then another mid-afternoon to take the place of lunch (only if I have to due to a crazy schedule).
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I eat about three a day, I love them. They taste good and the fiber count is incredibly helpful...
    Damn... $2.75 each (average) x 3/day x 30 days/month (again, average) = $247.50 every month on Quest bars. That's almost as much as I spend on wine every month. Your dedication to protein bars impresses me. As does my dedication to wine.

Carry on........... :drinker:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I eat about three a day, I love them.

Wow....wish I could afford to do that. :)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    so is the cookie dough one pretty close to actual cookie flavour or does it still have that weird protein powdery texture...

I would have to say that if you are expecting it to taste like a tub of Toll House dough, no. It does have a bit of a protein powder taste, but considering its a lot healthier, the trade off is worth it, IMO. :)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    That moment when your browser caches your information and the ad to the right of this thread is a Quest Bar ad... I've loved Quest Bars for a long time, but the expense and temptation to over do my fiber count was too high.

I'm tempted by their new chocolate chip cookie flavor though... I think it's because cookie dough got popular so fast.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    No one else has taken the "anti" view, so I'll jump in. I do not eat any of these bars, as snacks or meals. As an older woman, my daily calorie allotment is quite low, so to snack several times a day on these is going to be hundreds of calories. In addition, my experience has been that this type of highly-processed food does nothing for my hunger and, worse, only makes me want another one. And then, another one. If I eat an apple, however, it staves off hunger, gives me fiber, and doesn't make me eat apple after apple...But, apparently, that's just me.
  • RLPearce92
    Options
    I would have to say that if you are expecting it to taste like a tub of Toll House dough, no. It does have a bit of a protein powder taste, but considering its a lot healthier, the trade off is worth it, IMO. :)
    [/quote]

yes youre totally right i'm gonna just have to get over the odd texture, i think that is my problem i expect it to taste like a full fat brownie etc then dont give it a chance haha! i'll order some and try them :)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I like mine warm too... but I don't microwave it... I drop it in a cup of hot water for a few mins. (I have a thing about the microwave...odd... I know)

I love this idea!!! I've been sitting on mine. It's in my lunch bag in the fridge overnight so when I get to work, I literally sit on it (while it's in the wrapper of course!), but the hot water idea sounds.... more sensible. haha
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    You can buy them at a discount here with Free shipping and 10$ off
    https://www.vitacostrewards.com/j4LzXQE