I'm at my heaviest

Options
lisahewitt22
lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I'm just gonna have a little moment here okay? :smile: As of today I am officially 190 lbs which, for my height, is about 50 lbs overweight I believe. I've tried so many times to lose weight and it's just never stuck. I think the lowest I've ever gotten to was 145 before I fell off the wagon again, but getting on the scale this morning and seeing 190 was the biggest wake up call ever. I'm starting again and this time I'm not stopping, everyone better get a good look at 190 pound me because you're never gonna see her again. Get ready for my after pictures everyone because it's going to happen this time!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!(: determination and commitment is where it's at, you can do it!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    your attitude is truly awesome and girl i know you will get it!!!!!! cant wait for them pics ;)
  • ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Your attitude will get you exactly where you need to be!
    I was at my highest weight ever a few months ago and was feeling overwhelmed by the thought of having to lose so much weight.
    But one day at a time it all makes a difference and adds up!
    No matter how "slowly" it comes off it will come off.
    Go get it girl!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I too was at my heaviest back in March of this year....214.8 lbs. I almost passed out when I saw that number. That was my wake-up call. After years of procrastinating and making excuses I finally decided enough is enough. 8 months later I am 52.3 lbs down and about 12.5 lbs away from my goal weight. If I can do it, you can do it.

Good luck!!

Add me if you like :)
  • lisahewitt22
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you're truly inspiring :love:
  • about_time_4_change
    Options
    I still have about 40 pounds to go so I must say, you can do this and so can I! Don't give up and keep fighting! If you need a partner in this, feel free to add me! :)
  • chyanne37
    Options
    You Go Girl! Just Take it one day at a time, and that weight will come off before you know it.=)
  • ElizabethWillNotFail
    Options
    Rooting for you:flowerforyou:
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it! I hit my heaviest about 10 months ago (just a hair under 300lbs) and am almost down to my first goal of 250, then it's on to the next goal.

You can do it just as so many others have just stay focused!
  • ssyer
    ssyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 years old, been on and off diets since I was 17 years old never lost more then 21 pounds, but just over 2 years ago I started ww and bingo I'm 86 1/2 pounds lighter now, so don't ever think you cannot do it as it's took me about 48 years to get my weight under control and I'm still not there yet, still got about 21 pounds to go, but I'll get there eventually.

I now use MFP with WW as that's what I find works for me, and that's what you need to do, make a commitment to yourself and if you have a bad day there is always another one tomorrow.

I quess what I'm trying to say is, just because it has not worked for you before it does not mean it won't work this time, just be true full to yourself and it can work for you as well.

Good luck

Sue
  • ssyer
    ssyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say, what you said in your post is the type of attitude you need to succeed you can do it.
  • TheTruthAtAnyCost
    TheTruthAtAnyCost Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm at my heaviest right now as well, but that's 210 for me.

Good luck to you. :)
  • tkensington
    Options
    You can do it! You've set your mind to it and now you are ready for a change! I don't know if you've ever tried strength training but once I started it really transformed my body. Good luck :)
  • Fitbit184
    Options
    Can't wait for the "at my goal weight thread"! You have your starting point, now go find your finish line!:smile:
  • Samthefrog
    Samthefrog Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! I was at my heaviest during the summer and I'm not looking back either! Let's do this!!
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good 4 U!!!! I BELIEVE U!!!!! :-) U CAN DO ANYTHING WHEN U COMMIT TO IT! I look forward to seeing your new pics!!!! U WILL BLOOM LIKE A FLOWER!!!!
  • earlgrey2013
    Options
    You sound very motivated. Good luck!!
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You got this babe!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You had a wonderful attitude. That's half the battle!
  • joe3167
    joe3167 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think everyone has to get to that point where they say "I'm not going to be this way any longer". Once you do it's amazing the changes you can make in your life. Good luck on your journey, I'll look forward to reading your success story!
This discussion has been closed.