Over training due to inproper intake

Options
missdibs1
missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
K so it seems as thoughI was over training .... Apparently weightlifters take off a week every 4-6 weeks to avoid this (thnx for telling me lol) I will do mild active rest but to avoid a repeat of this I need to reevaluate my diet. For this I need help. I tend to do around 80- 110 grams carbs and 100-130 grams protein I usually eat 1300-1500 calories (I think this is where I fell short) Please do not refer me to a MFP TDEE page...I need sound direct advice.... Determining activity levels and its affect on my caloric needs is hard for me..... these last 15 pounds are fighting me all the way SOMEONE with Knowledge please advise

Replies

• missdibs1
    Options
    Bump

Sigh people I Have done searches and there are few posts on over training etc (and the few that exist all relate to BeachBody) I need sound advice tnx

Much love
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    K so it seems as thoughI was over training .... Apparently weightlifters take off a week every 4-6 weeks to avoid this (thnx for telling me lol) I will do mild active rest but to avoid a repeat of this I need to reevaluate my diet. For this I need help. I tend to do around 80- 110 grams carbs and 100-130 grams protein I usually eat 1300-1500 calories (I think this is where I fell short) Please do not refer me to a MFP TDEE page...I need sound direct advice.... Determining activity levels and its affect on my caloric needs is hard for me..... these last 15 pounds are fighting me all the way SOMEONE with Knowledge please advise

If you're just taking a break from weightlifting, you only need to cut your carbs by about 40-60g. But if your fats are a bit high, you can cut from there as well.

However, lifters don't take off a week, they do a deload. Which is different. They still go to the gym but only lift about 50% of their regular.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Not entirely sure what you're asking? Looking to determine proper activity level, calorie intake and macros is what I'm getting....along with worry about over training, and wanting to lose the last 15lbs.

Articles and posts that have helped me:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13 Great info here, and using the info and tools linked there, I was easily able to determine my activity level, BMR & TDEE. Also set my macros according to the info there. Been eating according to this method for over a year and half and have had my best success since doing so - lost and still losing fat, inches, and dropped my last 10lbs, reaching goal weight.

Another good article on over training and under eating: http://www.shapefit.com/overtraining-exercising-too-much.html

I always take at least one rest day per week, and find that I enjoy taking a full week off every 8-12 weeks. I don't lift heavy - no access, space or funds for the big stuff right now, but do the best I can with dumbbells and body weight exercises three days a week, and I run three days a week.

Hope that helps.
  • missdibs1
    Options
    I will check it when i get home tnx
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hit all of my muscle groups twice a week and stagger them so there is plenty of rest time in between, it seems to work well. (i.e. Sat = chest, triceps, shoulders, Sun = back, biceps, abs, legs, Tues = chest, triceps, shoulders, Thurs = back, biceps, abs, legs) So I have around 2-3 days of rest time in between each session. At a minimum you want at least one day rest in between depending on how hard you workout.

Maybe you could try eating a little more one day and then back to normal the next day and try to change up your calorie intake to get your body to respond. Sounds like you're on the right track, might just need to change your calorie intake a little or take a few days off from lifting?
  • missdibs1
    Options
    Great advice thanks.....
  • missdibs1
    Options

If you're just taking a break from weightlifting, you only need to cut your carbs by about 40-60g. But if your fats are a bit high, you can cut from there as well.

However, lifters don't take off a week, they do a deload. Which is different. They still go to the gym but only lift about 50% of their regular.

How often does this deload occur?
  • missdibs1
    Options
    Not entirely sure what you're asking? Looking to determine proper activity level, calorie intake and macros is what I'm getting....along with worry about over training, and wanting to lose the last 15lbs.

Articles and posts that have helped me:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13 Great info here, and using the info and tools linked there, I was easily able to determine my activity level, BMR & TDEE. Also set my macros according to the info there. Been eating according to this method for over a year and half and have had my best success since doing so - lost and still losing fat, inches, and dropped my last 10lbs, reaching goal weight.

Another good article on over training and under eating: http://www.shapefit.com/overtraining-exercising-too-much.html

I always take at least one rest day per week, and find that I enjoy taking a full week off every 8-12 weeks. I don't lift heavy - no access, space or funds for the big stuff right now, but do the best I can with dumbbells and body weight exercises three days a week, and I run three days a week.

Hope that helps.

I followed the instructions and my tdee is 1900-2500 calories WOW I subtracted 20% and came up with 1500 and change.... this includes my exercises?