Liftingface, or why you can't pick up in the gym.

Options
Mutant13
Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
Greetings all. Be ready to have your day made better.

Today I worked out in a new gym. The incline bench press in this gym is right in front of the mirror. This I got a my very first proper look at my lifting face. It was not pretty.

So I thought I would share a dramatic re enactment of said lifting face with you, in hopes that it will brighten your day. Maybe some brave people will even share their own lifting face.

You have been warned.

My face when I walk into the gym-

null_zps77919639.jpg

Liftingface-

null_zps67154886.jpg

Replies

• Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Are you sure that wasn't taken on the can ?
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Are you sure that wasn't taken on the can ?

It's pretty much the same face in both cases.
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Mine is a bit like Elvis; one corner of my mouth curls up. Sometimes it may be worse, as I also close my eyes very tightly when I'm really struggling.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Mine is a bit like Elvis; one corner of my mouth curls up. Sometimes it may be worse, as I also close my eyes very tightly when I'm really struggling.

Pics -_-
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    No pics. My wife sometimes takes pics to show me my traps or shoulders/upper arms, but the face I make necessitates deleting them immediately after she shows me.
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFYmFsiJE2TLu5F6TYEqsn0JyLirDl1nOoOWWx97mLyv8TWz4T
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    That is awesome.
  • jclark0523
    jclark0523 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Haha! Hilarious!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Liftingface-

null_zps67154886.jpg

Christ. That's scary. I'm going to imagine it's your sex face. I feel better now.
  • Mutant13
    Options

Christ. That's scary. I'm going to imagine it's your sex face. I feel better now.

Nobody has seen my sex face. I normally wear a Richard Nixon mask
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Nobody has seen my sex face.

You like it from the back?
  • SPPutnam
    SPPutnam Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Nobody has seen my sex face. I normally wear a Richard Nixon mask

^^^Now THAT should give a guy nightmares!^^^

Don't worry so much about your lifting face. Anybody who values fitness understands that to maintain a healthy body there may be some unsightliness to follow. Keep up the good work!
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You totally made my day, but now I have to clean up the coffee i just spit out! I will have to be more aware of the image I'm putting out there too.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    neither of your pictures are attractive so i wouldn't worry.

Lies.

I'll try to get the bf to take a pic in a bit to see what my liftingface looks like. This could be fun.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Props to you for not taking yourself too seriously to post this!

My lifting face is ha-larious. Alas, no pics. Sometimes I exaggerate it just for kicks.
  • Mutant13
    Options

Nobody has seen my sex face.

You like it from the back?

Now that is some sneaky editing sir!
  • Mutant13
    Options
    neither of your pictures are attractive so i wouldn't worry.

Lies.

I'll try to get the bf to take a pic in a bit to see what my liftingface looks like. This could be fun.

Please do!
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    The first photo would negate any thoughts just because you look different when you're lifting. Second photo made me laugh as I do the same and it reminded me of how I look. I am so out of breath / shape when I exert that it looks like I have been swimming, doesn't stop me getting hit on from time to time

And to anybody thinking it's an "on the can face".. surely her hands would have been either side of her head, helping with the squeezing
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Props to you for not taking yourself too seriously to post this!

My lifting face is ha-larious. Alas, no pics. Sometimes I exaggerate it just for kicks.

It's a great defense against really pervvy dudebros
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    i lifted after going to the dentist yesterday so half my face was still numb... i looked like a stroke victim taking the biggest **** ever