New to MFP

Options
Hi Everyone - My name is Lisa - I am 49 (soon to be 50 - in January) and the mom to 8 kids (he had 5 - now ages 32-38, I had 2 - now 24 and 30 and then we had the "Princess" who is 12) I am new to MFP. I got on the scale at our local hospital the end of January (while there getting bloodwork done) and almost had a heart attack when I jumped on their "BIG" scale. I weighed 348 - HOLY MOLY!!! I mean - I am not blind - I knew I was BIG - but until I saw that number - UGH. So - since February I have stopped drinking my favorite sweetened iced tea, watching carbs and have lost 43 pounds. BUT the other day I went into my bank - I usually just do drive thru and saw one of the guys that works there (who I've known at that branch for over 15 years) and he looked A-MAZING!!!!! He was always a big guy - well when I saw him - I was floored - he said he lost over 100 pounds - I asked how and he said he ONLY does MFP. He eats fast food everyday (which is good - as I haven't cooked in years), he just plugs in his foods, and that's it. He says he doesn't really even exercise much - maybe walk a few nights a week. I said sign me up!!! So I have been doing this since Friday and will see how I do!!!

Replies

• goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great start :-) I started my journey March of this year. I haven't been as dedicated, BUT i have remained focused and today marks my 200th day logging. I also have not been logging food, but I am always on here. Feel free to add me for support :-) Blessing and happy losing to you.
  • white510
    white510 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome...looks like we are about the same age. I just started my journey on here also. Best of luck to you and if you need a friend, feel free to add me.