How bad is Coca Cola Zero

Options
I Drink about 10 glasses of water a day at least, Ocassionally at supper I enjoy a Coca Cola Zero. I know there is no nutrional value at all in a coke zero but will it hurt my diet doing that if I have one a day and still drink 10 glasses of water? I"m so close 5 lbs to my dream goal weight which is also what the bmi says I should be so I don't want to hurt anything.

Replies

• lilmeg
    lilmeg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a dietitian so don't take this as fact, but I have heard that by drinking artificially sweetened drinks (or eating the foods), it can actually make you crave more sugar. It is this craving that could lead you astray. If you can control your cravings, then it should be okay diet-wise.

There are heath risks associated with aspartame, but to my knowledge those concerns are not about weight issues.

Hope this helps!
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    You will get a ton of responses saying diet drinks are bad for you (chemical sugar and all that). Personally, I think that if you are well hydrated, a treat one every now and again is just fine. I like soda and will continue to drink it. :drinker:

By the way, congrats on your progress so far and for being so close to goal weight!
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I personally agree with lilmeg. Although I still enjoy a diet drink from time to time....but extreemly limited.

If you are interested in a good website about this you can look at mercola.com. I love this site, but it is not for everyone. Search on the words diet soda.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    One a day isn't going to hurt you.
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    Options
    Anything with Aspartame (EQUAL) is bad for your health. Skip it.
  • traney1
    traney1 Posts: 9
    Options
    One thing I've found out is that if there is something you truly enjoy, dont deny yourself. The more you deny yourself, and then finally give in, you'll have more of that thing than you need.

If you want a diet zero, have one....you're doing it the right way staying hydrated, and you're not drinking 10 of them. Gotta treat yourself every so often..:)