NSV: Progress photos bring encouragement

Options
I started MFP in January when I weighed my highest of 220lbs. It has been a long and frustrating eight months. I can't seem to move the scale past 200. Yesterday after taking my monthly pictures I decided to look at one of my first progress photos. I can actually see somewhat of a difference! I still have a LONG way to go, but I know I can't give up because every little change will eventually lead to bigger change.

I wish I had taken the progress photos in the beginning at my heaviest, but April (on the left) is the earliest I have. Can you see change from April til now?

a30f527ab833a613fcac43b1e5e3e9ba.jpg

Replies

• mountaingirl2207
    Options
    Yes!!! You have been working so hard, and I am proud of you... I know you're frustrated, but you will get there. I can tell you have definitely lost in your hips and your belly. Are you measuring yourself? When I'm stalled, that's what keeps me motivated. You're doing awesome, and you will get through 200 soon!
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, that really means a lot :happy: You inspire me and challenge me to give my best!

I did start measuring. I used to have my measurements since April on my computer, but I think they got deleted because I can't find them. So I just made myself a little fitness binder and have a log where I can write them in so I don't lose them.
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree. I can also till in hips and stomach. Staying positive is sometimes the hardest thing to do but for me it's one of the most important things. Keep staying strong and pushing thru, you are on your way and doing great!
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see a change in stomach and back, and probably more muscle definition in arms, although that's harder to judge with the colour difference between the pics. I think I see a change there though. It's hard to see initial changes in ourselves, particularly when the end goal is quite far away, since we (well, I, and presumably you too) look in the mirror every day and don't see anything different from the day before. Photos are always a good idea! (LOL, I can't believe I actually said that, I hate photos of myself.)

Congratulations, and keep up the good work!
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The changes are there. Keep at it!!! You are doing such a good job!!!
  • amariecruz89
    amariecruz89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm glad its not just me thinking I see something haha :) Thank you all so much for the encouragement. Though it can be frustrating, I am learning to appreciate the slow transformation into a healthier me because I realize I am learning things I probably wouldn't have if it were happening quickly. Patience, dedication, discipline, and not being defined by my size are some of the major lessons.

Yeah, I got pretty tan over the summer so its hard to tell in the arms. That's always been one of my hardest areas to lose weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!