loss and eating

Options
:( decided to keep my thoughts to myself. thanks for looking though.

Replies

• Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You can always get back on the healthy wagon when you're ready. It will take longer to reach your goals but you will still reach them. Sorry for your loss.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    My deepest sympathies for your losses. It can be incredibly difficult to work your way through such devastating loss. I hope that you soon feel peace in your life again.

I have experienced periods of starving and bingeing. I joined Overeater's Anonymous in my local area. I got the tools to start working through my emotions and sharing in the meetings. I would recommend it. You can find a lot of support from local chapters, or if you don't feel like leaving the house, there are meetings online and by telephone. When I would feel like overeating, I would attend a meeting. They go on all of the time. The program is just like any 12 step program, but for me it's just a comfort to associate with people that have struggled and overcome it. You can get a sponsor and that can be helpful too.

Whatever you choose to do, please don't starve yourself. Even if you drink those drinks like Ensure/Boost to get some nutrients, and maybe even a bit of an appetite, you'll be better off. I would try to eat something solid for every meal so that you don't crash as hard. God bless!
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Everyone grieves in his own way. You have to do what it takes. It's not going to help you to feel guilty over what you eat for the next few weeks.

Someday, when you feel like you can take control again, you'll do it. Once you're through this horrible period, you can examine your emotional eating if you want. But until then, lean on the people around you, do your best, and let yourself grieve.

My condolences on the loss of your grandmother.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    thank you, ladies.
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    Options
    I am so sorry for your losses. I too have experienced the same when I lost my parents. The only thing I can say is that it will pass. If you need comfort, have what you need but try not to binge. It's hard because I do the same. First success is that you are aware of it. Take care.