the pooch

Options
lejla2002
lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
Hello there, I'm wondering how do you get rid of the c-section "pooch", I can't really do alot of situps since my back is giving me trouble but what are the other exercises to tone that area, if they are any?

Thanks!!

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    That's twice now this morning where I've been fooled in thinking that people are talking about dogs. :grumble:
  • lejla2002
    Options
    That's twice now this morning where I've been fooled in thinking that people are talking about dogs. :grumble:

sorry :wink:
  • lejla2002
    Options
    Deadlifts.

hmmm :smokin:
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    this no specific way to target fat, unfortunately the stomach is the last thing to go in terms of fat loss
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    maintain a deficit.
    pick up heavy things.
  • The_Gent_65
    Options
    this no specific way to target fat, unfortunately the stomach is the last thing to go in terms of fat loss
    This is incredibly true and unfair
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why it is called a c-section pooch? I know lots of people who had babies vaginally and still have a little tummy. Why does the c-section get a bad name? Because of the scar? Mine is almost invisible.

Edit: stop the sit ups (unless you really like them) because they're not going to change it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    maintain a deficit.
    pick up heavy things.

This! It worked for me... 2 c-sections here :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me why it is called a c-section pooch? I know lots of people who had babies vaginally and still have a little tummy. Why does the c-section get a bad name? Because of the scar? Mine is almost invisible.

Because not all women are cut the same way and some doctors do a hack job in which the abdominal muscles are cut.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

Actually no it's not.

It depends on how your body burns fat. The stomach could be the first place I lose it and my toes the last or vice versa.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Who got the hooch, baby
    Who got the only sweetest thing in the world
    Who got the love, who got the fresh-e-freshy
    Who got the only sweetest thing in the world
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Because not all women are cut the same way and some doctors do a hack job in which the abdominal muscles are cut.

Thanks! :bigsmile:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Haha, no problem. No that I know what the real topic is, I agree with the posters above who mention heavy lifting. This is a great motivation 3 part thread to look through on that topic. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    The last place for me to loose fat is my stomach... is the way it is. Keep dropping the bodyfat %
  • lejla2002
    Options

Edit: stop the sit ups (unless you really like them) because they're not going to change it.

Both of my scars are fairly small and below the bikini line, but the little pocket of fat hangs just slightly i want to get it toned and flattened some how..:blushing:
  • lejla2002
    Options

Haha, no problem. No that I know what the real topic is, I agree with the posters above who mention heavy lifting. This is a great motivation 3 part thread to look through on that topic. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky

Thanks, I dont' know why it's called the "pooch" but i had to have my babies both this way since they were big and i have a heart issue :smile:
  • lejla2002
    Options

Actually no it's not.

It depends on how your body burns fat. The stomach could be the first place I lose it and my toes the last or vice versa.

i noticed slight change there since i become more active and and lost some weight hopefully it will keep going down, it's not huge but still drives me lil crazy, hubby don't mind he knows why it's there and i do too but i really would like to get it toned and for it to disappear :happy:
  • lejla2002
    Options

so unfair...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    mine probably wont go away until it meets the surgeon's scalpel