I blew today!

Options
I just blew the whole day! I ate 3 slices of Papa John's pizza. It was thin crust but still I should have looked up calories before I ate! I am usually really strict with what I eat, but I had a tooth pulled today and in ALOT of pain. I asked my husband to get supper and him and my daughter wanted pizza. Tomorrow will be a better day!

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I blew it too. My boss bought everyone ice cream sundaes. Tomorrow is a new day! We'll get back on track.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Itll be ok hun! Awknoledge, breathe, and learn and move a long :)

I am going to blow it by end of dinner, only have 189 cals left, and all I had was some rice crackers, Subway, and yogurt! *wtf*
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Thats the spirit....you will be good tomorrow, thats all that matters. Today was a cheat day, the key is not to fall off completely and you already have that figured out

Papa Johns is my favorite of the major pizza company's, so I have no less than 2 slices myself....and I also go with the thin crust as well.

Keep going strong!!!!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It's okay. Start fresh tomorrow. Don't let one bad day deter your progress! :flowerforyou:
  • sparis88
    sparis88 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thats the spirit....you will be good tomorrow, thats all that matters. Today was a cheat day, the key is not to fall off completely and you already have that figured out

Keep going strong!!!!

Yes girl! Tomorrow is cheat day for me. I am having Sushi and I really don't care! I deserve it every once in awhile!
  • Kimd1972
    Kimd1972 Posts: 45
    Options
    You know everyone has them....you have confessed and tomorrow is coming!! Good job for the honesty! Chin up...all will be fine!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Occasional "blow it" days are good for you- it confuses your metabolism, so your body doesn't hit the dreaded plateau:flowerforyou:
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile its okay to enjoy yourself. Don't feel guilty, or beat yourself up. Hopefully you enjoyed your pizza and tomorrow things will return to good eating and your body will actually return to the healthy stuff easier. Stay with it. One meal won't ruin the many months (or however long) you have been working on this.
  • crystal29714
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I still came in under calories for the day so I guess it wasn't too bad, plus I worked out before going to dentist. So I guess it wasn't a total lose, but I know better!
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Everyone has overeating moments...but why start over again tomorrow? Why not start at the next snack or meal? Starting over the next day for me gives me a whole lotta hours to do damage in!:drinker:

Hugs
    Beth
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    Occasional "blow it" days are good for you- it confuses your metabolism, so your body doesn't hit the dreaded plateau:flowerforyou:

This is very true..
    Missing a day now and then is not the end of the world.. Enjoy it.. and move forward.. Consider it a little vacation in a Candy store:)
  • patirn
    patirn Posts: 1
    Options
    Tomorrow will be a better day. We didn't gain the weight inone day, we can't take it off in one day. don't make yourself crazy. Try to do some walking toorrow though andmaybe the pizza won't show up on the scale. :flowerforyou:
  • crystal29714
    Options
    Everyone has overeating moments...but why start over again tomorrow? Why not start at the next snack or meal? Starting over the next day for me gives me a whole lotta hours to do damage in!:drinker:

Hugs
    Beth

I am done eating for the day. I have taken my pain meds and will soon be fast asleep! So tomorrow will have to do, but I have your view any other day!
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options

Hugs
    Beth

LOL.. it all depends when you ate the pizza!! Smile:)
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Everyone has overeating moments...but why start over again tomorrow? Why not start at the next snack or meal? Starting over the next day for me gives me a whole lotta hours to do damage in!

Very good point. I had assumed the pizza was for dinner considering thats what time it is for me. But you make a valid point. Enjoy the food and then go back to the healthy side. If you crave something or are going to a place for a dinner plan your other meals accordingly to allow for the splurge. Very good point you made.
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    pizza can be any meal in my book....it is my perfect food:devil: :bigsmile:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    did you blot the grease? Some how i always feel better when i eat pizza if i blot the grease off haha....so instead of consuming 2000 calories i only consume like 1700 haha....the great thing about all this is, is like you said, tomorrow is a new day. Just eat really good the next couple days and watch your carbs and you should be fine:)
  • joliver4ever
    Options
    it will be ok, just work out harder tomorrow or the next day! :ohwell:
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    Options
    It's all a learning process and I think we've all had our share of "blew it" days. Restaurants or eating out are the worst for me. I've learned to save up some extra calories for the end of the day just in case we end up going out that night. Plus, if it's a chain restaurant, I try to look up their calories before going so I'm a little more prepared.
  • mysi019
    mysi019 Posts: 55
    Options
    Dont worry i blew it today also, i went to a henna party and even though i ate before going i still snacked. But for some reason iam not that disapointed in myself. I made better choices when i snacked so i must be learning something even if it is slowly. Also i think this is the first time i havent thought it was the end of the world when i blew it trying to loose weight. My mind frame instead is okay, not good, and thought about other choices i could have made or what other physical activities i could have done and realize when i get up tomorrow that i will make better choices and i will not fail or quit because of one bad day.