i want abs

Options
cmira5ol
cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
I've been using this app for 2 weeks now. I like it and have been logging calories and my exercises. I try to keep my calories under 1310 as suggested in my activity level. The only way I make it is if I exercise to offset my calorie intake.

My goal is to have abs. I've never had a six pack but I've never tried to get them either, until now. i do weight training 3 times per week and cardio almost 5 days a week. i work on abs each visit to the gym.

I would appreciate any tips to help me achieve my goal. Am i right in assuming that I need to lose maybe 10 pounds or more to achieve this, based on my profile pic?wink

Thanks

Replies

• musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You actually may be eating too little especially if you are working out really hard. I recently discovered I haven't been eating near enough. As you have heard probably before Abs truly are made in the kitchen and it does take time. What do your food choices look like? I would suggest getting more leafy greens in your life, eating whole foods, and complex carbs only.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I've been using this app for 2 weeks now. I like it and have been logging calories and my exercises. I try to keep my calories under 1310 as suggested in my activity level. The only way I make it is if I exercise to offset my calorie intake.

My goal is to have abs. I've never had a six pack but I've never tried to get them either, until now. i do weight training 3 times per week and cardio almost 5 days a week. i work on abs each visit to the gym.

I would appreciate any tips to help me achieve my goal. Am i right in assuming that I need to lose maybe 10 pounds or more to achieve this, based on my profile pic?wink

Thanks

With 10 pounds to lose there is no good reason you should be eating 1310 calories...especially since you're working out 5 days a week. What's the rush?
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Oh hai. I'm a bit grossed out by your wink because I'm a 100% straight hetrosecksual man, but nonetheless I will strive to improve you.

CONGRATULATIONS! You already have abdominal musculature! If you wish for it to become more pronounced, you will have to decrease your body fat.

At your composition, gender, and age (even without knowing your height and weight,) I know that your caloric deficit is way, way too large. You will require a more narrow deficit, time, and exercise to lose that body fat.

Shedding those last few pounds of blubber can only be accomplished with patience, unless you're willing to sacrifice a great deal of muscle in the process.

Jerry Springer's final thought? Your sister-in-law may be cute, but TRUST ME, she isn't worth it.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Visible abs are just a result of lowering body fat. With only 10 lbs to lose you should have your calorie goal set to lose around .5 lbs per week. The leaner you get the longer it takes to lose body fat.

My advice would be to adjust your calorie goal and try to eat more. Cut back on the ab work as it will not get you visible abs any faster. AND be patient. Getting visible abs is REALLY hard for a lot of people (if it was easy everyone would have them) and once you get there is is really hard to maintain.

ETA: You are close already. Keep lifting the weights AND did I mention be patient? :happy:
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Visible abs are just a result of lowering body fat. With only 10 lbs to lose you should have your calorie goal set to lose around .5 lbs per week. The leaner you get the longer it takes to lose body fat.

My advice would be to adjust your calorie goal and try to eat more. Cut back on the ab work as it will not get you visible abs any faster. AND be patient. Getting visible abs is REALLY hard for a lot of people (if it was easy everyone would have them) and once you get there is is really hard to maintain.

Don't listen to him! He knows what he's talking about!
  • doritozombie
    doritozombie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your username is just so to the point. wow. Straight to business.
    Your abs will arrive in 2-4 business days, Mr wantabsguy
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Your username is just so to the point. wow. Straight to business.
    Your abs will arrive in 2-4 business days, Mr wantabsguy

Normally, I hate kids, but I fear she knows of which she speaks.
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Body fat %