I'm new; guidance, please!

Hi!!

I've been logging for about 2 months, exercising about 4-5 days a week since then as well (this is definitely an area I'm working on but I'm coming from years of literally no exercise).

I'm at an impasse. I've definitely made improvements in my eating habits (more fruits & veggies, way less processed foods, no soda or alcohol except for the monthly night out with my friends) and lifestyle (walking the dogs rather than letting them in the backyard, taking the stairs, actually exercising), but I haven't seen much of a difference in my weight, body, or energy levels.

I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30DS for the past 14 days but that includes 5 unplanned rest days throughout (a little embarrassing) but I do work a desk job (my 20 minute afternoon break is spent leisurely walking). I'm about 35 pounds over where I want to be. MFP has me at 1200 calories a day and sometimes I just don't reach that, especially if I workout. I've always been on the heavier side and had a slower metabolism. A lot of people have mentioned being ill and lightheaded if they don't reach that base level of 1200 calories but I honestly haven't felt any of those side effects

Any tips and advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated!