About daily summary?

Options
When figuring deficit, would you take RMR+calories burned-calorie intake x 7 then divide? Read about it, but slow of mind, I think I got this right, right?

Also, regarding sugar intake. Recommended is 36g/day. Love my coffee, so avg. 135g sugar/day. I know, bad. Question I guess is, due to mega excess cal. why am I able to lose weight, mostly just curious, being some or maybe many have difficulties losing based on excess sugar. Oh, and recent lab work shows all is where it should be.

Replies

• TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Go into your Goals. MFP has them set according to your stats. To figure your TDEE go here... www.myfitnessfrog.com , and follow the directions...super easy. Then Take your TDEE and subtract your deficit that MFP gave you, that is the calories (includes exercise) you need to consume.

I am by far no expert, as I recently asked this question myself, and this is the information I was given. Hopefully someone will chime in in case I gave you wrong advice.

Best Wishes on your journey.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Regarding deficit - I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but, to make it more simple, your daily deficit is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) less the calories you consumed from food. TDEE can be further broken down to RMR (resting metabolic rate, what you'd burn if you just laid in bed all day), NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis, which is all the calories you burn by walking around and doing all the things you do every day EXCEPT dedicated exercise), and exercise calories. If you were looking at this on a weekly basis, then yes, you'd divide by 7.

As long as you are staying within your calorie goal and consuming adequate protein, fats, and micronutrients, and you don't have diabetes or anything like that, don't worry about the sugar. Just make sure you're measuring and logging correctly - spooning sugar into your daily coffee a few times a day is one of the major spots where it's easy to miscount/forget calories.
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Regarding deficit - I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but, to make it more simple, your daily deficit is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) less the calories you consumed from food. TDEE can be further broken down to RMR (resting metabolic rate, what you'd burn if you just laid in bed all day), NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis, which is all the calories you burn by walking around and doing all the things you do every day EXCEPT dedicated exercise), and exercise calories. If you were looking at this on a weekly basis, then yes, you'd divide by 7.

As long as you are staying within your calorie goal and consuming adequate protein, fats, and micronutrients, and you don't have diabetes or anything like that, don't worry about the sugar. Just make sure you're measuring and logging correctly - spooning sugar into your daily coffee a few times a day is one of the major spots where it's easy to miscount/forget calories.

^^^THIS^^^...is exactly how I was trying to explain, but somehow it just didn't come out that way.