Silly NSV: situps

Options
This is going to sound ridiculous, it's daft, but something I had to share. I think last night I did my very first real situps. Let me explain - I do crunches, I have done situps with my feet hooked under a sofa, but this was something different. I was doing a crunch, then suddenly the pull on my top abs turned into a push on my bottom abs, and up came my body like a counterweight into a full situp, with no pressure on my legs whatsoever - it actually felt quite bizarre!

So yes, thanks to my crunches I have finally developed enough muscle to bring myself into a full situp from the power of the abs alone. Deserves a mini NSV dance I think!

Replies

• MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your NSV!

It sure feels good to feel progress, right? :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That's not daft, it's AWESOME!!! Fitness NSV's are the best. Good for you (in so many ways). :love:
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's not silly, it's great!

I totally relate, I still can't do situps, but my trainer has me dead-lifting weights and working on my posture. There is this one move in yoga (I forget what it's called) where you sort of sit in mid air with your arms lifted in front over your head (you look like lightning!). I use to be able to to it for a few seconds and then start shaking. Tuesday, I got through the sitting part no problem, my arms were another story though, still have to work on that. None the less, I was so happy as it showed how far I've gotten from what I could do before.

But all this to say, every improvement is worth celebrating. There are still many things I need to do to get fit, but they're a reminder that we're getting there however fast or slow our progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!