How weird...

Options
2»

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your luck and genes :wink:

I am gaining weight while eating just 1200 cal / day...

this isnt physically possible outside water weight.

OP, what is your exercise routine? Or are you active? That isnt a lot of calories and can probably lose weight at higher calories. High deficits lead to more muscle loss.

I run 3-5 times a week. Long bike rides on weekends.

That's likely part of your problem. Cardio, cardio, cardio is NOT the answer. A more balanced approach will serve you better. If I were you, I'd figure out what my maintenance calories were and then lift weights three times a week and do cardio a MAXIMUM of two hours a week. You will find weight lifting to be VERY effective at burning off body fat. Two twenty-minute sessions a week and you will likely burn all the fat you want but it is inadvisable to go more than 3 thirty-minute sessions. Will it make you bulky? NO! Look up some of the threads where women show their progress through weight-lifting. Amazing transformations. Sometimes, women who have dieted to the point where their muscles are emaciated and flabby, look much better at a higher weight than you can imagine just by looking at their pictures. You can still be "fat" and flabby at 125 pounds and slimmer and sleeker at 135 pounds (and wear a smaller size clothing than at the flabby 125).
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

It'd be possible with a concerning medical condition.

Please, name one.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options

It'd be possible with a concerning medical condition.

Please, name one.

PCOS, Hypothyroidism and various metabolic diseases
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    Thank you Lisa. I think I'm going through the same thing you did. I may try to up the calories to see if it works for me as well.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Op, I would consider eating 1600 calories. Macros around 40% carbs and 30% protein and fats. Also, I highly recommend dropping some cardio and adding weight training. This will help preserve your muscle and give you a better body than cardio will