Interracial relationship views

Options
BaconSlanger
BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member
I don't know if it is just where I live or what, but I get the weirdest looks from people sometimes when I am with my boyfriend. He is Korean while I am white. I have dated a Hispanic before and no one would even bat an eye. I guess maybe because where I am living (Texas) you don't see too many people from the Asian descent? I don't know. I was just wondering what y'all's thoughts on it were. It's interesting to me to hear people's views. I honestly do not care where the person comes from, or looks, just as long as I am happy - and I am so very happy and in love.

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    How dare you take all of our white women!
  • BaconSlanger
    Options
    How dare you take all of our white women!

bawhahahaa, you are hilarious dude
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    one word...texas

btw although an innocent post you are going to twist some sensitive nelly panties
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is just where I live or what, but I get the weirdest looks from people sometimes when I am with my boyfriend. He is Korean while I am white. I have dated a Hispanic before and no one would even bat an eye. I guess maybe because where I am living (Texas) you don't see too many people from the Asian descent? I don't know. I was just wondering what y'all's thoughts on it were. It's interesting to me to hear people's views. I honestly do not care where the person comes from, or looks, just as long as I am happy - and I am so very happy and in love.

I am dating an Asian man as well and I know the feeling. Just roll with it and pretend its paparazzi :laugh:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I could give 2 sh!ts less less what people do or what color the person is their doing!
    Taste the rainbow!!
  • whierd
    Options

I am dating an Asian man as well and I know the feeling. Just roll with it and pretend its paparazzi :laugh:

OMG, you too?!!?

First interracial dating. What is next? This?!

catanddogtogether.jpg
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    one word...texas

btw although an innocent post you are going to twist some sensitive nelly panties

^^ Yup.

With that said, I really don't give a crap who dates who. I really don't. I might look at you in public because in all honesty if we see an Asian person we expect their partner to be the same and when it's not the mind, for a second, does not compute. I might look then when the mind says "Oh. Ok. Asian dude. White chick." I'll move on and not really give another thought to it.

I just honestly don't care. If someone is in love and they're being treated right why should I give a hoot what color (or sex for that matter) their partner is?
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    My BFF is biracial Japanese/Caucasian. Nobody ever bats an eye when we're together unless we go to a Chinese restaurant. I swear, every time we go to a Chinese restaurant, people give us strange looks. It's really weird.
  • randomtai
    Options

OMG, you too?!!?

First interracial dating. Then the gays. What is next? This?!

catanddogtogether.jpg

That sir, is just entirely too far. :laugh:
  • BaconSlanger
    Options
    Cool, everyone has awesome inputs!! It's also cool to hear from other girls with the same thing. I always thought maybe I had a booger on my face or something, bawhahaha.

Everyone is so awesome here at MFP. Y'all are great lol.
  • BaconSlanger
    Options

OMG, you too?!!?

catanddogtogether.jpg

omg dude, bawhahah. this is too far!!

:tongue:
  • randomtai
    Options
    I might look at you in public because in all honesty if we see an Asian person we expect their partner to be the same and when it's not the mind, for a second, does not compute. I might look then when the mind says "Oh. Ok. Asian dude. White chick." I'll move on and not really give another thought to it.

I just honestly don't care. If someone is in love and they're being treated right why should I give a hoot what color (or sex for that matter) their partner is?

I think that's the look OP is talking about. Some look longer than others and I live in NYC where you should least expect it lmao. :laugh:
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on what? If the environment you're in is leading you to seek justification for your relationship on MFP, my thought is, you should move.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Maybe their thinking you two make a cute couple :heart:
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't think its a big deal at all :smile: My dad is black, mom is white, and they got a lot of crazy looks too. My husband is white and I don't even notice if anyone cares or not :smile:
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I might look at you in public because in all honesty if we see an Asian person we expect their partner to be the same and when it's not the mind, for a second, does not compute. I might look then when the mind says "Oh. Ok. Asian dude. White chick." I'll move on and not really give another thought to it.

I think that's the look OP is talking about. Some look longer than others and I live in NYC where you should least expect it lmao. :laugh:

NYC? We're neighbors!! I'm in CT. Don't visit the city as much as I"d like to though.

Anywho when I look it's not a malicious "OMG! I can't believe that's an interracial couple!!" It's more of a "Huh? Oh. Ok. Cool." LOL
  • BaconSlanger
    Options
    Thoughts on what? If the environment you're in is leading you to seek justification for your relationship on MFP, my thought is, you should move.

I'm not trying to seek justification. I'm not changing a damn thing on my side. Like I said in my post, I like to just see how people view different things. Everyone is different. It was just a curious thought I had for the day is all.
  • whierd
    Options
    It's like you people don't even care what this will do to society!!!
  • BaconSlanger
    Options
    Maybe their thinking you two make a cute couple :heart:

Best comment ever! lol
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

OMG, you too?!!?

catanddogtogether.jpg

OMG! What is the world coming to when dogs and cats are sleeping together!!!?!?

Reminds me of my old dog and our cats. They played like they hated each other (actually they played tag and for whatever reason the front porch was "goal" and the dog wouldn't touch the cats there). But we would come home and see the dog and the two cats sleeping under the car and as soon as we drove up they'd jump away and look around like "What? What's up? Nothing was going on here." LMAO!
This discussion has been closed.